Scrub Worms

randal

does any body know anything about SCRUB WORMS,i know they are a gun bait for fresh water fishing,(bass,yellow belly ) my questions are

where do you find them (i am not after pacific locations ) just where to look for them

do you only get them inland or can they be found closer to the coast, thanks

We used to dig scrub worms in black soil country in far western NSW. They were normally found near where Myall Trees were growing and hence they were locally called Myall worms. In my opinion they are the best bait for Golden Perch. I don't know where you would get them near Sydney as unfortunately my favorite spots were near Walgett in NSW.

does any body know anything about SCRUB WORMS,i know they are a gun bait for fresh water fishing,(bass,yellow belly ) my questions are

where do you find them (i am not after pacific locations ) just where to look for them

do you only get them inland or can they be found closer to the coast, thanks

Hi Randel,

Scrubbies are found at the base of trees in the earth and you will see the trees that house them with holes in the trunk and normally there will be sawdust or shavings present.

Scrape away the earth near the roots and you will see them easily and yes they are top bait for all native fish,especially bass.

Cheers Stewy

Hi Randel,

Scrubbies are found at the base of trees in the earth and you will see the trees that house them with holes in the trunk and normally there will be sawdust or shavings present.

Scrape away the earth near the roots and you will see them easily and yes they are top bait for all native fish,especially bass.

Cheers Stewy

thats the type of answer i am after , i live in lake macquarie even though there is plenty of salt water fishing here ,fresh water fishing is not far away ,if you read

the nsw fishing monthey scrub worms are top bait so any more info will be greatly appeciated thanks