Live Bait Pump Question

davegroves68

Hi Raiders,

I have a Bertram 25 which is due to come out of the water soon for antifouling and while its out i thought I'd fit a livebait tank. My question is ..do i fit a pump outside the transom as on some trailer boats i've seen or is it best to drill a hole through the transom and fit a thru hull pump? bearing in mind the boat is kept on a mooring.

Any advice or recommendations will be greatly recieved.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Oh ,,and if i do go through the transom,,, whereabouts?

Edited by Welsh Dave

Hi Raiders,

I have a Bertram 25 which is due to come out of the water soon for antifouling and while its out i thought I'd fit a livebait tank. My question is ..do i fit a pump outside the transom as on some trailer boats i've seen or is it best to drill a hole through the transom and fit a thru hull pump? bearing in mind the boat is kept on a mooring.

Any advice or recommendations will be greatly recieved.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi Dave, my boat has a thru hull type and works a treat. I dont know what the advantage of either would be other than the aesthetics of a thru hull definitely looks the part. I would imaging there is a lot more involved in setting it up this way also, driling through a hull seems wuite scary if your not a professional... Let us know what you end up doing.

Billyd