Hacking And Surrounding Area.

Basil D

I haven't been out fishing with my son Spinner7 in a few months due to soccer another commitments so when the chance arised we headed out Saturday morning 7am and got to wally's wharf 8am.

we were greeted with a spectacular morning, just amazing.

We trawled for a while as there was a lot of birds around but didn't get anything, swell was supposed to be .8 but felt like 1.5,

We headed out to a spot me and cungee George fish and I got 4 fish and a snapped rope loosing my anchor and retrieve boy, I managed to chase the boy and pick it up with the landing net.

Spinner7 got sick for once, we decided to head back in, that was about 10am.

As we got back to the heads Christo says his feeling better so headed into deep water for 7 Flathead, as we were drifting we came across a few reefs and got smashed a couple of times with a light gear but managed a decent 39cm poor mans lobster.

We also picked up a couple of slimys and used them for bait, GREAT Sign for the pelagic season ahead of us.

There was Bird action all day with tuna birds and albatross around been a great indicator so we tralwed again for an hour for a donut but we didn't mind.

Evening came and we decided to go after some green eye so we headed of to our spot but the swell was too much and ditched that idea, well not yet, we headed to shark Island but no Squid and Lost the Jig I stole of Cungee George, carmer :1badmood:

Decided to call it a day, as we were coming back from shark Island I did a quick u turn out of the heads and Got a nice bream withing minutes, didn't want to stay outside in the dark so came back in.

We got back to the Wharf and spinner7 decided to jig while I cleaned the fish, he reckons that was fair enough, he managed one Ocky and Drooped a cuttle fish, on top that snaged a jig and tried to get it back and broke my rod tip :thumbdown: , Its only money :thumbup:

We were greeted with a spectacular morning and ended with a spectacular sunset to top the day off.

Hope you liked the Read up :thumbup:

post-8352-035749900 1284241605_thumb.jpg

post-8352-074477900 1284241632_thumb.jpg

post-8352-078642900 1284241644_thumb.jpg

post-8352-056508900 1284241656_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you and cristo had some fun exept for some of the dissasters. Hope you concetrated on those slimeys a bit for bait for a nother session. Hope the jig you took was a $2 but then again thats all i used out there. I thought i told you about those grafite rods what happened to me but i suppose sometimes you have to cop it your self to understand and use them properly next time, dosen't matter shit happens sometimes, thats fishing. Overall you guys got out there and had some fun and caught some fish. My young bloke Anthony had a trial soccer game yesterday and could not go fishing but i am heading out there today, let you know how i go.

Cheers,

George.

Good luck out there today George.

The rod tip was broken by christo mukin around, I keep them out of the way on board and the rocket Launcher helps.

i was out there as well in the morning ,the birds were folowing schools of salmon around .found the flathead a bit hard to come by though.so we trolled up a few salmon an bonito for a bit of fun.

cheers Grant, we were onto the Flathead Early, around 11am, was all go go for two hours then Nothing.

You got yourselves on to a nice feed Groper, gotta be happy with that :thumbup:

Hope fully the multyquote works, still trying to figure it out.

yep Im happy with that hull, more importanly I was rapped with such a gourges day on the water with my son, hopefully next time it will be both my sons and wife.