neutral bay, mosman

tyse01

Hi Guys,

i have recently moved to neutral bay and just wondering if there is any good landbased spots around neutral bay, mosman, balmoral beach etc. Target fish can range from anything from bream, flathead to even kingies.

Any help appreciated. Cheers

You have car? If so, you can try Pier 2 as well. Other side of Luna park across the bridge. Lot of ppl fish there almost every morning. You can get yellow tail to Kingies. Clifton garden is not bad if you can beat the crowd :)

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=the+rocks+nsw&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=The+Rocks+New+South+Wales&gl=au&ll=-33.853727,151.206626&spn=0.001368,0.002505&t=h&z=19

I fished a few times in clifton there's nothing there.....

i see alot of people going for yellow tails that's about it.

A a nice bream there once 37cm

Last time I went was in March, caught salmons and bonitos there. You can get squids at night time. Again, it's on and off :)

I fished a few times in clifton there's nothing there.....

i see alot of people going for yellow tails that's about it.

A a nice bream there once 37cm

At clifton you have to berley hard. Everytime I go with mates we seem to be only ones berleying & catching trevs, bonnies, rat kings. There are some thumper trevs there especially in the winter. Not much of a crowd in winter. In summer everyone queue up for the bonito/salmon that churn up around the wharf within casting distance. Never left the spot with nothing decent if you fish it right.

thanks for the information guys.

Seems like there is a bushy headland just south of clifton gardens reserve. Any one know if you can walk around there on the headland?

Hi buddy,

i know the bushy part your talking about, You can walk down through the bush on the bottom there is a rock, It's a very good spot if your willing to trek down the hill through the tree's. on the other side is chowder bay.

anyways hope that helps.

good luck

yeh i have been looking there on google maps. Might have to venture on down there over the weekend with some livies.

I went for a wonder down there today actually and had a few casts with a variety of lures. It was during the middle of the day, which could account for the lack of fish. I didn't berley either as I just wanted to explore.

This was a location I considered last time I visited Clifton Gardens a few months back when I went for a walk along the track and could see some promising spots.

Coincidentally I too revisited Google maps over the last couple of days.

Getting to the location is a little tricky but I was able to find some paths through the shrubs off the main walking track. I used google maps (satellite view) on my mobile to point me in the right direction.

There are a handful of rock ledges that can be fished and the water looks to be quite deep. Just to clarify, I fished the eastern facing side of this headland.

I think live ones should do well there.

good work. I will be looking to head down there next weekend, heading deep sea fishing this weekend.

Might be a good spot if its a little tricky to get too, less crowds especially compared to clifton gardens. I am considering fishing the south side of the headland.