Weipa September 2012

raysenior

Hi raiders, I have just done a booking for Tillimay houseboat at weipa for the week commencing saturday 15th September 2012 .

The plan is to fly up to Weipa on wednesday 12th September , we will have a hire 4wd to transport us around from the airport,

We will spend 3 nights at weipa camping grounds in a fully equiped cabin ,

fish on Thursday and friday locally, we will have a hire boat to move around with , some can go chasing offshore and some land based , this year we got

a good assortment of species , but more of that later.

Shopping will be done mainly thursday afternoon , for all our supplies on the houseboat.

we will board the "Tillimay" Saturday morning for a 6 hour trip down the bay , we will have 2 dinghy's which will fish 3 each , ist day will stay around redcliffs , then we will move a bit further south for the remaining time , We will have a great variety of fishing to do from casting to longtails , reef trolling and casting over the reefs , lots of shore based soft plastics etc etc etc ,

Those willing to participate must be able to get along with others well , as we live pretty close for that week , a sharing of all work duties is a must , but by and large you will need to be an experienced fisho , some of you will need to have boating skills , for both the runabouts and the houseboat .

Estimated cost for this trip will be $1500 plus airfares that should cover all our joint expenses , personall items will obviusly be extra (beer smokes etc)

I expect early booking of airfares will be about $500 from Sydney return , if you get in early .

Now as I said I need only 5 others to make this happen , but happen it will . if you are able to swing it i'm sure you will have a great time .

theres obviously lots more info some of you may want so please PM me so we can get this happening !!

I'll keep this thread running with updates as they come in SO COME ON WHO'S COMING??????

cheers snr

I've done this houseboat trip myself & it is an amazing experience.

I also know that raysenior isn't making anything from this as I know what it costs!

I would love to go as it is a great time to fish there. Just can't swing it atm. :1badmood:

Give it a go if you can. It was on my must do list of fishing experiences & I now want & will do it again.

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks Grant ,no profitting here , we collate all general expenses and share equally between 6 , This year was $1450 each so add a little for inflation and make it $1500 each , give or take a couple of bucks .

How Cheep is that ?? thats for 9 days of fishing :yahoo: , i doubt anyone could do a cheeper trip , and you got 12 months to save up for it ,personally i cant believe i have not been inundated with requests .

Thanks Donna, I always wear my fishraider hat , and my boat has the fishraider decals too. :biggrin2:

cheers snr

• 2 weeks later...

Do it raiders!! Im up there in April for a week and have been there before. We fish with a guide and let me tell you, this is an absolute bargain at the price offered by raysenior!! You won't regret it and the fishing is the best i have experienced anywhere in Australia. Whether you like flciking at snags for barra and jacks or trolling for mackerel and gt's or livebaiting for massive jewfish and threadfin salmon, this place has it all!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys , At present we have 5 people confirmed , i,m not taking any more names at present as i have several others i need to ask before i get that last name

boats are booked just need to arrange the flights , and wait for afull 12 months , now thats the hard part!!!

cheers all , no fishing this weekend the rain gods are here!!! LOL

cheers snr

I was up there a couple of weeks ago. Saw a group book the Tillimay and spent a few hours packing their gear onto it. Never seen so much booze go onto a boat before :1yikes: They then sat at the Weipa wharf for 3 hours and drank and drank. Finally cast off and headed into the channel, towing three polycraft runabouts. Most of their first day was spent at the wharf. S.E. trades were blowing strongly every day, but the blue salmon and a few barra were getting caught, along with queenies and trevally. I only managed queenfish and big bream off the jetty. Weipa would be a great place to explore by boat and Rays trip should be excellent.

• 2 months later...

heres an update of this trip , i'm flying out on wednesday 12th september 2012 , jim and crew fly out on thursday 13th , i will pick them up at weipa airport, should be able to get a morning fishing sesion in before then < :biggrin2: , we will need to do our weeks shopping on thursday afternoon , and spend all day friday fishing in the local weipa area.

saturday morning we can board the houseboat Tillimay at daybreak and then head south for our first night stay around an area called redcliffs , some really great light lure casting , and small plastics from the shore here , especially near the rocky shoreline ,and also some good trolling around the inshore reefs , we will also move from here a little further south to spend the rest of our time on board, most fishing will be around the reefy areas , with a trip or two down to one of the local inlets for some barra and jack fishing , also in the inlet is great shore casting for assorted species . plenty of opportunites for longtail tuna ,they put up a great fight on light gear , but you gotta watch out for noah , hes always hungry LOL.

We return to weipa on friday morning. and spend that night at weipa campground , probably do an afternoon session locally as well , fly out back to sydney on saturday 22nd september .

So we still have one spot left , so if you want to join us i suggest you be quick , but please make sure your commited i will ask for a non refundable deposit , this will be a great trip and we are all pretty excited about it , SO COME ON WHO'S COMING !!!!!

cheers ray snr

post-10866-061089700 1321567910_thumb.jpg

Edited by raysenior

• 3 months later...

Hi Ray, Yeh cant beleive the time is ticking so fast. :thumbup: Hope you had a great break at Christmas. :28: I have been reading up on the destination and organising a complete new arsenal and amunition. :biggrinthumb: Will be sending up the amunition before we arrive :flying: , as i would never fit it under the air travel reqirements :thumbdown: . I will keep in contact in the next few months.Look forward to meeting you, always good to meet new fisho's. :thumbup:

:1fishing1:

Hi Ray, How are you. I dont think i have gone to mad just dont want to miss anything. It is hard to cover a place like Weipa and its fishing capabilities :drool: . Lures Lures and more Lures if i dont get to use them all oh well :05: ,losses haven't gone to bad or the fish didn't show up :ranting2: . Just have read enough to know the losses can be bad on great days :yahoo: . I would rather not be worrying about losses to much, and have back up and be able to push the envelope every day to its max :1worthy: . I will be getting a GPS Garmin 78 sc with sea mapping to mark the place as we go reefs,creeks etc. As for the reef fishing, i have plenty of lures to troll and test out :fisher: . Cant wait have a board on Fridge showing the count down days :1clap: . Is everything going well, if you need anything just contact me.

Regards, :1fishing1:

• 4 months later...

WooHoo four weeks today before this trip starts , sure looking forward to it ,

if anyone is interested in putting up there name for next years trip please shoot me a pm, have booked the Tillimay houseboat for 7th september 2013 , will fly out on september 4th 2013 .

cheers snr

WooHoo four weeks today before this trip starts , sure looking forward to it ,

if anyone is interested in putting up there name for next years trip please shoot me a pm, have booked the Tillimay houseboat for 7th september 2013 , will fly out on september 4th 2013 .

cheers snr

Hi Ray.

We can't wait to hear your report from this trip mate.

I am having flash backs of my last trip reading this. :yahoo:

I have no doubt that myself, Slinky & Outdoordan would be up for next years trip.

I could talk Roberta into coming along but she tickles me when I snore so no!! :1yikes::1badmood:

I reckon Swordy would be in as well, so how does that sound for a crew?

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi Ray.

I have no doubt that myself, Slinky & Outdoordan would be up for next years trip.

I could talk Roberta into coming along but she tickles me when I snore so no!! :1yikes::1badmood:

Cheers,

Grant.

HMMMMMMM I would have to get permission from the BOSS for that one :biggrin2:

HMMMMMMM I would have to get permission from the BOSS for that one :biggrin2:

Yes. I know that I will pay for that comment of mine!

Maybe we should organize our own crew & bring Donna as well.

I know she would LOVE it & set many a Raider record!! :thumbup:

Either way, it is a trip that is a must do. Bloody awesome.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi Ray.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi Grant, Sounds good to me , lots of really experienced fishos there!! if your serious shoot me a pm!!!

i will endeavour to get heaps of pics from this year and put up a good report for a change .

cheers snr

• 1 month later...

Hi raiders, I have just done a booking for Tillimay houseboat at weipa for the week commencing saturday 15th September 2012 .

The plan is to fly up to Weipa on wednesday 12th September , we will have a hire 4wd to transport us around from the airport,

We will spend 3 nights at weipa camping grounds in a fully equiped cabin ,

fish on Thursday and friday locally, we will have a hire boat to move around with , some can go chasing offshore and some land based , this year we got

a good assortment of species , but more of that later.

Shopping will be done mainly thursday afternoon , for all our supplies on the houseboat.

we will board the "Tillimay" Saturday morning for a 6 hour trip down the bay , we will have 2 dinghy's which will fish 3 each , ist day will stay around redcliffs , then we will move a bit further south for the remaining time , We will have a great variety of fishing to do from casting to longtails , reef trolling and casting over the reefs , lots of shore based soft plastics etc etc etc ,

Those willing to participate must be able to get along with others well , as we live pretty close for that week , a sharing of all work duties is a must , but by and large you will need to be an experienced fisho , some of you will need to have boating skills , for both the runabouts and the houseboat .

Estimated cost for this trip will be $1500 plus airfares that should cover all our joint expenses , personall items will obviusly be extra (beer smokes etc)

I expect early booking of airfares will be about $500 from Sydney return , if you get in early .

Now as I said I need only 5 others to make this happen , but happen it will . if you are able to swing it i'm sure you will have a great time .

theres obviously lots more info some of you may want so please PM me so we can get this happening !!

I'll keep this thread running with updates as they come in SO COME ON WHO'S COMING??????

cheers snr

Ray , Thanks for the opportunity to fish at Weipa, and also for organising the trip. I know this trip was very challenging.

Regards Troy Scott