FISHRAIDER POPPING IN BALI

What a great day smashing up those big GT's with Mr Swordie, looking forward to seeing the video. Great charter with fast Edie and great company with Mr Swordie who saying he loves his fishing is an understatement!!! Hope to get out a few more times while here in Bali and will keep you posted on any more big GT's or maybe even get lucky and get some of those Bali Snapper I have been hearing about coming out of 200m +.That brand new Popper sure took a hiding with the big boys munching on it.

Richard

The swordies are in Bali at the moment for some well earned r and r.

Our man in Bali, Edi of Fast Edi Lures had another raider to take out on a charter today and swordie joined them. Here are a few shots of their captures.

A full report will be posted on our return with video and more pics.

post-869-050090900 1326452205_thumb.jpg post-869-016685000 1326452214_thumb.jpg

post-869-029038500 1326452224_thumb.jpg post-869-098425500 1326452218_thumb.jpg

Some crackin fish there fellas :thumbup:

That post has got me crying in my coffee. Maybe i should stop buying tackle and come along with you next time. I'm dying to get amongst them. :1badmood:

Enjoy the rest of your trip and i'll look forward to catching up with you guys when you get back.

Edited by OutdoorDan

Hey Stewie, Some solid looking fish there mate,the water looks like it was a good day.That popper looks like it got smashed a few times.

Hope you and Donna are having a good time,Look forward to seeing you and the videos when you get back.

Great stuff Stewie, my arms are still recovering from my first ever GT. I am organising with Edi to go out again next week from Candi Dasa so I will let you know how that goes. We are currently still in the Gili Islands so no fishing here only snorkelling but the weather has been supurb.

Wow !!!! it was great to be back in Bali with our two lovely daughters and Mrsswordie.

Donna always lets me get my way and I appreciate everything she has ever done for me as overseas trips were not even in my radar sights until we met so many years ago.

So we got in touch with our great friend Edi (Fast Edi Lures) and the trips were organised with the 11th and the 13th being the days that I could get out.

Day one and with great expectations from previous trips out we headed to Nusa Penida Is on a top boat called the "SWEET STANLY" and a great ride it was as well.

First try was to jig a ruby snapper for me but alas on this trip the jigs just weren't working or the current was a bit strong and we were using 500 gm jigs

So off to our now regular spot I call the twin sisters and there were already two boats working the area ,so we joined in the queue and there were a few hook-ups with good sized GTs,but unfortunately I only had the one strike from a big fish and pulled the hooks...note to self whilst fishing Bali...use BIG TREBLES instead of singles ...lesson learnt.

Although the fishing was hard on day one I knew that the GTs were around so I wanted to get back out asap and one of our members Richard..600c was to be coming on his maiden GT popping session on the 13th and this proved to be lucky 13 for all of us.

Day two dawned perfect with no wind and a flat sea to run out to Nusa Penida again. I met up with Edi and Richard at the hotel and we swapped pleasantaries and I could feel a buzz in the air as we chatted...I was excited.

We loaded our arsenal of top range tackle onboard and on this day the only rod that would be used would be a 60kg Ripple Fisher and Saltiga Expedition loaded with 130 braid and 170lb leader and a big popper with trebles this time.I might add right now that inferior gear will get you nowhere on these fish and you will need the best quality that money can buy or as I have done on previous occasions...ASKED MY VERY GOOD FRIEND GREG L for a lend of his outstanding bag of tricks....THANKS HEAPS MATE YET AGAIN

The first day I was using a Dogfight and I found this quite heavy to cast all day so I changed reels to the Expedition which worked well in Fiji and Bali on previous trips and within a few casts it was time for the first hook-up and it was a screamer with a huge explosion on the surface and me ramming the hooks home I instantly knew I had put way too much drag on the big Expedition..I was in deep chit right now with a rampaging GT dragging me straight over the transom and I couldnt back the drag off and if the GT had pulled another couple of feet further I would have went swimming for sure..close call...regain my composure and start to get the upper hand and within minutes my big GT was aboard for some happy snaps and back into the briny.

I said to Richard I will not fish anymore until he scores his first GT and with that Richard goes to work like a pro ripping the big popper back through the huge currents and eddies and then out of nowhere BAMMMMMMMMM !!!!! Richard is on and going for it with his larger frame and a little less drag (rod bent to the butt) he hammers the big GT and then the GT hammers him with a great fight and his expert fishing skills the GT is no match for our heavy tackle and subdues albeit begrudgingly and is hauled aboard for a memory of a lifetime well done Rich and I hope you will cherish this day as I will for the rest of our lives.

We had some nice fish onboard and I was hanging to get another and it didnt take long either with a very excited GT smashing my popper 5 or 6 times in full view and then screaming off only to pull the hooks&*&&(()##@# expletives everywhere then a few minutes later BOOOOOMMMMM again and I thought I had a hooked a really small GT as it was at the boat in seconds and as the decky lent over to grab the leader he nearly got pulled in and another fine BALI GT hits the deck.

Richard is chomping at the bit now and pops up another good fish which is knocked over pretty quickly and he is on cloud nine as all of us were....what a great day to be out on the blue water.

Thanks for a top two days out Edi you are amazing and a very good friend and to Richard ,it was great to meet a like minded fisho and you were a barrel of laughs as well and would fish with you again in an instant.

The crew aboard SWEET STANLY were very professional and it was great to be out with a quality boat and crew organised by our MAN IN BALI....Edi.

I cant wait to get back there already as Donna and I love the place and its people...Bali rocks

post-256-022297300 1326932114_thumb.jpg

post-256-085164300 1326932116_thumb.jpg

post-256-009523500 1326932119_thumb.jpg

post-256-083546500 1326932121_thumb.jpg

post-256-073023700 1326932124_thumb.jpg

post-256-014944700 1326932127_thumb.jpg

post-256-081181100 1326932129_thumb.jpg

post-256-063105200 1326932132_thumb.jpg

post-256-083112100 1326932137_thumb.jpg

post-256-081159300 1326932139_thumb.jpg

post-256-042256100 1326932210_thumb.jpg

and the video POPPING BALI

Cheers Stewy

Looks like a great time had guys!

Gt's still my all time fav to catch and with fights like in the video, you can see why!

Good filming to Stewy and now I can see what your talking about re the current!

DDAMMMNNN Stewy, those are crackers...

Thanks for the report...

Sounds like a dream come true...

Just finished watching the video :1yikes: let me get my surfboard.... Looks a bit dangerous, for my liking, BUT i guess thats where the fish are :yahoo: WELL DONE

Edited by Joco