• Announcements

• mrsswordfisherman

NEW LOOK FISHRAIDER - set up an app!   10/26/2016

Today is a big day for fishraider We have taken this forum to the next level - it is now responsively designed and able to be used on all your devices Make sure you get an app icon on your phone screens and ipad screens - delete Tapatalk not needed anymore We will be working on colours and the look of our forum - it will look very nice when finished If you find any issues or functionality that does not work properly then please post into the TECHNICAL ISSUES area of the forum so we can fix it We have endeavoured to keep it still familiar looking however some members will need a helping hand. Anyone who is savvy please help fellow members with navigation so we can all enjoy our community Finally a big thanks to our webmaster and nbdshroom, Johndory and welst for helping test the forum build and being great members Enjoy the NEW LOOK FISHRAIDER
    • mrsswordfisherman

FISH CHEF BADGE   10/28/2016

Check here for the people with this badge - start making some posts of your recipes in The Kitchen http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=79883
    • mrsswordfisherman

MENTOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS   10/28/2016

See who has received one of these http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=47102
    • mrsswordfisherman

FEBRUARY Catch of the Month 2017 - no item needed   01/31/2017

The item to be included next to the fish in a submitted picture is NOT NEEDED THIS MONTH Get the picture entered before FEBRUARY 28 2017 @ 7PM  to be eligible for a prize sponsored by FROGLEY'S OFFSHORE
diver1

Show Us Ya Best Flatty

99 posts in this topic

post-5303-1215259645_thumb.jpg

Here's my lovely lady friend...

That is one big flattie. How much did it weigh? where was it caught?

man o man that is the best flatty i have ever seen i would sheet myself if i pulled that out of the water

man o man that is the best flatty i have ever seen i would sheet myself if i pulled that out of the water

Mate, she's still out there - last seen chasing pelicans & kiteboarders near the beach @ brighton le Sands..

Best bait to use is an emo kid on a 12/0 :biggrin2:

Chop - No scales, and brag mat only went to 60cm... I cant remember the truth any more.... She was Big, Heavy, and I tell ya we both felt a connection on that cold August day....oh I miss her so...

HOLY SMOKES, IMAGINE SWIMMING AND SEEING THAT!!!

CATCHING A LIZARD THAT SIZE WOULD HONESTLY BRING A TEAR TO MY EYE!

WELL DONE MATE :thumbup:

Edited by soft-on

thats a huge flatty, do they put up much of a fight at that size? some of the smaller models i've caught just felt like weed :(

Edited by WillN

thats a huge flatty, do they put up much of a fight at that size? some of the smaller models i've caught just felt like weed :(

yer but they taste bloody good all the same!

Thanks lads, Yeh she's a beauty.. Not much of a fight until she saw the boat, then some heavy headshaking but when I saw her I was pretty surprised by her size.. :1yikes::biggrin2:

Ive caught smaller that have given more curry, I think the older ones know we are going to release them so are a bit more chilled about the fight....

this one felt bigger than the bay lady, half the size but more grunt..

post-5303-1215607230_thumb.jpg

Mine looks so small !! 60cm; 8lb fireline; 2-4kg bream rod .. skull dragged the guy in.

They do not fight at this size ... with the above tackle ... go lighter and it'd be a different story !

Love your work TobyW !

post-2873-1216251551_thumb.jpg

Toby i dont think you can get a better lady then yours mate.

Thats a MONSTER :1yikes:

I think you've won this comp. :thumbup:

Cheers LALA

Edited by lala

Here's a recent one that I'm sure most of you have already seen :074: 88cm

post-3198-1217324595_thumb.jpg

Hodgey

WOW :1yikes: NOW THATS AN AWESOME BIG FAT FLATHEAD!!!!!! i bet that was a decent fight, take yuo long to boat it?

post-5931-1217987722_thumb.jpghere's a pic of the second biggest flattie i've ever caught ,[nephew holding it] caught it at west reef.

biggest one i caught went around a LB more [no pic].....caught it off the wharf near brooklyn boat ramp...go figure! :wacko:

edit:both were a case of the ol' hmm.".that baits been soaking awhile,better check it".

Edited by hooked4life

Here is a pic of my biggest flatty I have caught of my kayak at Dolans bay on a tiny hook and nipper for whiting :biggrin2: went 72cm quick pic and back she went

pb_flattie_72cm_455.jpg

72cm_flattie_813.jpg

Cheers Ben