bennoz

Land Based Map

23 posts in this topic

Hi All

we've decided to combine all the known locations within an easy to use Google Map.

This is accessible to the public so please feel free to share

http://g.co/maps/wck9g

Edited by bennoz

Thanks mate!

I like the work you've done on the new forum...helpful stuff!! :thumbup:

This is a top setup, great work putting this together for all to use.

This is THE single best bit of fishing information i've ever seen. Almost like a cheat sheet.

Absolutely brilliant idea!! My boat lives up at Port Stephens, so this is a massive help! :yahoo::thumbup::yahoo::thumbup:

Just remember its not static. Feel free to add spots

How do we go about adding spots?

theres a "fishing locations" template here: http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=58794

fill it in and submit it to this forum - just copy paste whats there and fill in the blanks. for safety reasons a mod will review it and approve it. There are a number of dangerous rock ledges we wish to keep off this map

Edited by bennoz

Great post bennoz.

Just found it in a google search & thought Id comment so it goes back to the top so more people get to see it :banana:

That is a great post bennoz. Thanks for the tips, I will give a couple of those locations a go this weekend and let you know how I go!!

Fellas, I know it has been covered many times before but I feel it needs to be said again. ANY form of rock fishing is dangerous. Last week I got knocked off my feet by an absolute freak wave. Conditions were near glassy until this happened. I'm an extremely cautious person when it comes to any form of rock hopping. Watched the swell for 30mins and thought all was good. Always make sure someone else can see you. Just because a location is on this map, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR GUARANTEED SAFETY.If in doubt, get the hell out!

James.

First time I have seen a map like this. Excellent work and thank you.

Pitty there are no locations up Newcastle way.

feel free to add some - these were just spots that i know - the whole idea was that the map be a collaboration of locations

Hi James

Can you disclose the location as we can all be aware remember some spots will always be more dangerous than others.

Cheers Steve.PM me if this is more appropriate.

Fellas, I know it has been covered many times before but I feel it needs to be said again. ANY form of rock fishing is dangerous. Last week I got knocked off my feet by an absolute freak wave. Conditions were near glassy until this happened. I'm an extremely cautious person when it comes to any form of rock hopping. Watched the swell for 30mins and thought all was good. Always make sure someone else can see you. Just because a location is on this map, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR GUARANTEED SAFETY.If in doubt, get the hell out!

James.

Fantastic work mate!

so good for a new fisherman such as myself!

This is great. I've been looking to hit up a few new LB locations when the weather gets a warmer and this is a fantastic help.

Cheers!

Steve, know my reply is overdue a bit. It's the avoca rocks that got me good.

Just thought I'd bump this again. Is this still being maintained?

In this context are only rock fishing spots marked? Obviously you can fish by land from beaches and I don't really see them, but maybe they're just not marked because they're obvious?

On 13/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, MainframeJames said:

Just thought I'd bump this again. Is this still being maintained?

In this context are only rock fishing spots marked? Obviously you can fish by land from beaches and I don't really see them, but maybe they're just not marked because they're obvious?

Members can add locations James ;)