Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hodgey

Googong Dam

42 posts in this topic

Thanks very much. :1yikes:

Best administrator ever. :thumbup:

I have just sent my permit application off and I will let you know how it goes.

Regards Stewy

Well at least you made an effort to do something Dean and hopefully you will add your own reports for us one day.

Admin

Hi Admin and or stewy,

sorry mate, not a huge forum type due to the crap that goes on some of them, being bitchnet :thumbdown:

I live in Yarrawonga on the Murray and mostly chase the cod around. the last 2 seasons have been tough here since the floods. we think there may be sooo much food in the water the cod are lazy and not crunching anything that swims near them as it has been for some time.

We went to a secret back lagoon below the wier today and cast up some crackin yella's and kept some real nice reddies which was a nice surprise. This lagoon is one you would drive by everyday all day, it just looks like nothing would be in there, we tried it during cod opening to escape the crowds which are here for the Cod Classic. To our surprise We landed some nice yella's, i had a yella follow me to the boat which would easily have been over 70 cm, it had about 5 inches of it's back out of the water and was right beside the boat, we both looked at each other and said.........holy crap !!!! anyway i'm ranting and will try and contribute with some pics. i don't normally take many pics as i don't really like to post pics but i'll start.

oh and thanks for the link for the permit, i'll send it off myself, not sure how i'll go as it's a big rig so fingers crossed :thumbup:

cheers and beers

Deano

Hi Admin and or stewy,

sorry mate, not a huge forum type due to the crap that goes on some of them, being bitchnet :thumbdown:

I live in Yarrawonga on the Murray and mostly chase the cod around. the last 2 seasons have been tough here since the floods. we think there may be sooo much food in the water the cod are lazy and not crunching anything that swims near them as it has been for some time.

We went to a secret back lagoon below the wier today and cast up some crackin yella's and kept some real nice reddies which was a nice surprise. This lagoon is one you would drive by everyday all day, it just looks like nothing would be in there, we tried it during cod opening to escape the crowds which are here for the Cod Classic. To our surprise We landed some nice yella's, i had a yella follow me to the boat which would easily have been over 70 cm, it had about 5 inches of it's back out of the water and was right beside the boat, we both looked at each other and said.........holy crap !!!! anyway i'm ranting and will try and contribute with some pics. i don't normally take many pics as i don't really like to post pics but i'll start.

oh and thanks for the link for the permit, i'll send it off myself, not sure how i'll go as it's a big rig so fingers crossed :thumbup:

cheers and beers

Deano

Thanks Deano,

Yeh I have been called many names in the past but mostly answer to Stewy or Swordie :biggrin2: I seem to be obssessed with the green fish at the moment as I have never even seen one.

Thanks for the report and hopefully both our permits will come back with ticks on them.

BTW there is no bitching or fighting on this forum as it is stopped in its tracks by our great moderating team.

Regards Stewy

Hi all

Another report from Googong this week of two fishos names i am not sure of. They landed 6 Cod from 83 to 113 all on lures.

PLEASE ALL TAKE NOTE OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR GOOGONG DAM.

GOOGONG DAM IS CLASSED AS AN ALPINE DAM

LINK LIFEJACKET REQUIREMENTS

Alpine waters

Alpine waters mean Lake Burrinjuck, Lake Eucumbene, Lake Jindabyne, Khancoban Pondage, Swampy Plains River, Mannus Lake, Googong Reservoir and navigable waters within Kosciuszko National Park (including Blowering and Talbingo Reservoirs).

Alpine waters present their own unique boating challenges. As with other inland waters, many hazards are not marked and as water levels fluctuate, more hazards may develop just under the surface.

The most common vessel operated in these areas is the small open runabout which is reasonably inexpensive to buy, easy to tow and used as a fishing platform. The majority of these vessels, however, are designed for calm water conditions only.

Wearing a lifejacket is compulsory for all persons in a vessel less than 4.8 metres in length. For other situations refer to page 20.

Regards Admin

:1yikes: Good thing you found that out Stewy. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers

Skip

Get that up ya,

The bloke in the video named Roman got a write up in the current issue freshwater fishing mag, if anyone can catch cod in goo gong, its him

Get that up ya,

The bloke in the video named Roman got a write up in the current issue freshwater fishing mag, if anyone can catch cod in goo gong, its him

If I fished Googong as much as those blokes I would have to get a weekly TV show for myself :074:

Hi All

oh how i wish i was as good as these guys.

Ok for all who are interested in fishing the lakes and dams in the A.C.T

Some lakes are landbased only and some dams especially Googong if you have to leave your petrol motor on as I do you will need special provisions.

GOOGONG DAM

If you have a petrol motor on your vessel and it must stay on your boat you will need to get a permit from the E.P.A in Canberra which is free.

You must completely wrap your outboard in a plastic bag and it must be ORANGE so it can be seen from the land by the rangers and no part of your outboard can be in the water at any time.

You may only use electric power or oars and must have all your saftey gear for inspection by rangers or water police if so asked.

GOOGONG DAM is a water supply dam for the A.C.T and you must abide by all regulations.

PERMIT FOR DOWNLOADING

Boat Permit Application 2011.pdf

TAKE NOTE YOU MUST ADD GOOGONG DAM TO THE PERMIT YOURSELF

My thanks to Ranger Dave at Googong Dam and to Edana Sinclair from the EPA in Canberra.

Regards Fishraider Admin

I am now the proud owner of a 1 yr permit to fish the lakes and dams in the ACT that allow electric powered boats :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Googong .

Stewy and i fished all day for a big fat 0 . turned one nice Cod only it followed rite to the boat estimate about 80 .not a good day was had by all SACK THE GUIDE.

Googong .

Stewy and i fished all day for a big fat 0 . turned one nice Cod only it followed rite to the boat estimate about 80 .not a good day was had by all SACK THE GUIDE.

I might re-name Googong ....Monduran :ranting2: all those casts and not one hit :ranting2: :ranting2: STINK !!!!

Does anyone know if Googong is open to boats yet???

Yes mate. It was open prior to Easter. :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey