mrsswordfisherman

What do you like about fishraider?

66 posts in this topic

I only joined a month ago, but have been hooked since day 1, many hours spent passing time reading up on some of the posts.

I haven't seen any sticky how to tutorials, maybe worth getting some done by experienced members,

Click on "articles" at the top of the page

Cheers Blood Knot

Love how freely information is shared it's very rare these days to find genuine people that offer help to others without wanting something in return. Keep up the great work guys hopefully in the future I can help others as you have all helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats not to like!

Fishraider defines what a forum community should be all about.

Those who take the time to provide and contribute to a resource like this such as the site owners, sponsors, administrators moderators and members should be afforded the

respect and consideration they deserve regardless of age, sex, ethnic background and fishing experience or fishing competency.

This is where other forum sites frequently fall short and end up being a vehicle for a select few to bolster their own egos by ridiculing those less experienced, less successful, the wrong ethic group or the wrong sex.

While I have not been on the receiving end of this I have certainly seen plenty of this on other forums and as the father of three girls and a teenage boy the Fishraider site is the only forum I have ever felt 100% comfortable letting them view.

In my view this is not just a forum, it is a living example of how interaction and communication should be and a great example for my kids to watch in action.

And, of course the fishing experience here is second to none.

Thanks Fishraider

Edited by fragmeister

Well said FM and thank you for your contribution!

Whats not to like!

Fishraider defines what a forum community should be all about.

Those who take the time to provide and contribute to a resource like this such as the site owners, sponsors, administrators moderators and members should be afforded the

respect and consideration they deserve regardless of age, sex, ethnic background and fishing experience or fishing competency.

This is where other forum sites frequently fall short and end up being a vehicle for a select few to bolster their own egos by ridiculing those less experienced, less successful, the wrong ethic group or the wrong sex.

While I have not been on the receiving end of this I have certainly seen plenty of this on other forums and as the father of three girls and a teenage boy the Fishraider site is the only forum I have ever felt 100% comfortable letting them view.

In my view this is not just a forum, it is a living example of how interaction and communication should be and a great example for my kids to watch in action.

And, of course the fishing experience here is second to none.

Thanks Fishraider

Thank you very much for the comments Jim. We try very hard to keep this a happy and safe place for all to come including women and young folk. The fact that you feel comfortable as a parent to let your kids view fishraider makes Stewy and I very happy.

There are plenty of other forums for the "others" and we get rid of them quickly and swiftly :) with the help of our moderators and members.

Thanks everyone for this feedback. It affirms we are doing the right thing :)

Here is a cut and paste from a comment by JaniFin a member and now friend of ours.

What Fishraider membership mean to you?

I tell, so shortly what i can, what it mean to me.

To me, be one part of this forum, it mean Fu#¤ing lot. I cant explain it, but here i can askin stupid questions many times, and allways someone answer me. This forum have been helped me write better english, even it is still quite cra.....bad ;) . I dont know did i ever visit Australia with out this forum..maby not. Did i never fishing in Australia with out this forum...i dont think so. Did i never access aussie culture, peoples or lifestyle with out this forum..i am sure that answer is no. I have meet some fishraiders live, and i have meet many of members here, like "virtual friendship". This forum is clear, well organized, many active writers and nice fishing reports. I dont spend so mutch time even any finnish fishingforums that here.

I AM PROUD, that i am member of FISHRAIDER, and i am GRATEFUL for site owners, and every members that you took me a member, even i am not aussie.

Next year come 10 years that i have been member. :sun:

I come soon again..and i afraid that again one part of my heart stay there. :au:

Jani

I love fishraider because of the friendly and experienced anglers willing to help, countless tips and many forums

It is a friendly, informative, supportive forum where everyone contributes plus it is all about fishing. Couldn't be better.

To put it simple.. the great advice, great people and great new friends that are ready to help at any time

I've been on here almost 1 day now and thoroughly enjoying it so far!!!!....good to be among more addicts.

Jon

What do I like about fishraider? Well for starters it has helped to improve my fishing. As someone whose immediate family don't fish (working on it haha! :1sweatdrop: ) it's great to be able to get advice when my extended family isn't around. Also I enjoy the wide variety of fishing that goes on in this forum. Always nice to be able to read about the guy who blanked, the one with 400 5cm redfin and the raider who caught a record marlin all on the same day!

But most of all, none of that would be possible without the people who run and regularly contribute to the site, so thanks to all of them!

What do I like about fishraider? Well for starters it has helped to improve my fishing. As someone whose immediate family don't fish (working on it haha! :1sweatdrop: ) it's great to be able to get advice when my extended family isn't around. Also I enjoy the wide variety of fishing that goes on in this forum. Always nice to be able to read about the guy who blanked, the one with 400 5cm redfin and the raider who caught a record marlin all on the same day!

But most of all, none of that would be possible without the people who run and regularly contribute to the site, so thanks to all of them!

Thanks Ivo we look forward to providing anglers with a great community of like minded people.

More to come soon with our upgrade to be fully mobile :)

Fishraider is an anglers home,

May fishermen never be alone,

When you give tips to all of us ,

We get enough fish to fill a car,

We fish forever and ever we fish,

Our wish is always to fill the dish,

We always see the hooked fish comin',

Hopefully we'll get some Marlin,

Fishraider contains everything,

That a fisherman could ever dream.

Thanks, by amberjack :D Fish On!

1 hour ago, amberjack said:

Fishraider is an anglers home,

May fishermen never be alone,

When you give tips to all of us ,

We get enough fish to fill a car,

We fish forever and ever we fish,

Our wish is always to fill the dish,

We always see the hooked fish comin',

Hopefully we'll get some Marlin,

Fishraider contains everything,

That a fisherman could ever dream.

Thanks, by amberjack :D Fish On!

Nice poem you've penned there amberjack

An artist amongst us all

You seem quite inclined for fishy snacks

So here's a recipe I offer as reward

On the BBQ you should cook this dish

Baking paper, with this you begin

Sliced lemon lay flat then on top the fish

Do make sure to first fillet and skin

Next a garnish of herbs and sliced vegetables of your choice 

Quite a meal to this point contrived

Finish with the last ingredient to keep your food moist

Tablespoon of butter, mmm, right now I'm inspired

Tightly wrap,then fry on your plate or grill

Hot lemon and butter, what a collaboration 

Unwrap, remove lemon and then a beer you must swill

Put on plate, call the family and begin celebration!

I like about Fishraider is that all the members get to together and sharing advice about fishing spots and what to use for fishing