Jayd

Fuel Storage

31 posts in this topic

I tried everything and sticked to using 95 in my cars and 91(no ethanol) in rentals for most km/$ value. 

I've run 98 in my Victa lawn mower and I've had it since 2003 and its still running strong.

I run 98 in absolutely everything. I'm seeing too many of "this guy said this, that guy said that", just try it yourself and see the difference!

@Sigma If you change your plugs to Iridium (the ones that have a pointy tip instead of a flat tip), combined with 98 you'll get about 100kms extra. I run this setup in all cars, mowers, outboards etc. I don't know why everyone isn't doing it. It's advancement in technology, just like how all car manufacturers get their technology from F1 cars. It makes much more sense to run a turbo in all cars for efficiency purposes, i.e. a 2 litre turbo compared to a dinosaur V6 which gives a similar power output for half the fuel consumption.

11 hours ago, The Incredible Hull said:

I've run 98 in my Victa lawn mower and I've had it since 2003 and its still running strong.

I run 98 in absolutely everything. I'm seeing too many of "this guy said this, that guy said that", just try it yourself and see the difference!

@Sigma If you change your plugs to Iridium (the ones that have a pointy tip instead of a flat tip), combined with 98 you'll get about 100kms extra. I run this setup in all cars, mowers, outboards etc. I don't know why everyone isn't doing it. It's advancement in technology, just like how all car manufacturers get their technology from F1 cars. It makes much more sense to run a turbo in all cars for efficiency purposes, i.e. a 2 litre turbo compared to a dinosaur V6 which gives a similar power output for half the fuel consumption.

@Incredible Hull,

If you're referring to iridium plugs to what I call "platinum plugs", then yes, I already have them. They get changed every 100,000km. I do push my Honda's rev limiter at times :D. The computer is showing between 7.8ltrs - 8.2ltrs per 100km. Don't forget, it's a smaller tank (45ltr+ 5ltr). I get between 540-580km per tank. I find that very,very good for a performance car.

1 hour ago, Sigma said:

@Incredible Hull,

If you're referring to iridium plugs to what I call "platinum plugs", then yes, I already have them. They get changed every 100,000km. I do push my Honda's rev limiter at times :D. The computer is showing between 7.8ltrs - 8.2ltrs per 100km. Don't forget, it's a smaller tank (45ltr+ 5ltr). I get between 540-580km per tank. I find that very,very good for a performance car.

Yes Platinum is the same one! NGK brands mine as Iridium, maybe the name has changed or its a different manufacturer.

On 08/04/2016 at 0:37 PM, raysenior said:

My trophy holds 330 liters of 98 grade fuel, on most days i uses 40-55 ltr , generally keep it topped up after fishing , i havnt noticed any fuel issues in 6 years , but generally use the boat at least once a month . i dont use any additives!!

snr

My tinny holds 45 litres of usually premium unleaded, I generally use 10-20 litres, I keep it topped up after fishing, I haven't had any fuel issues in 13 years, sometimes use the boat fortnightly, sometimes doesn't get touched for 2 or so months. Never used any fuel additives.