mrsswordfisherman

HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2014

145 posts in this topic

Arrived and was greeted by the admin crew .what a great bunch of people .Stewy rigged up my rods for the hairtail.now I'm ready to go get em. Oh and the sun has come out .what a beautiful place.can see me coming back here in future.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Arrived and was greeted by the admin crew .what a great bunch of people .Stewy rigged up my rods for the hairtail.now I'm ready to go get em. Oh and the sun has come out .what a beautiful place.can see me coming back here in future.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Lovely to see you again Ray. Hope you catch plenty.

Shame no-one took up your offer of joining you on your lovely boatajyqe9yr.jpg

WOW! Beautiful boat ^^^ Wish I could be there.

jabugaqu.jpg

James (TaEo wolf) Leeanne and Brodie arriving

ysype6et.jpg

Harold and his son Jeremy

manu7u3y.jpg

Sydneyfisher12 and his Dad Martin and fisherman6784 just finished registering and off to get a fish or two

Having a ball here in Jerusalem Bay. Rodb and jay sent these pics

a6era5u4.jpg

u6ezyzyz.jpgga7e4ama.jpg

dytydy6e.jpg

And a hairtail just caught by Raysenior his first ever under the tutelage of the swordfisherman :)

yse6y8u6.jpg

Sydneyfisher12 opens his account with a nice hairtail over 1.2 his first of that species

byde4e6e.jpg

a9e8ydab.jpg

And he strikes again. These boys are looking for the record methinks

ugu2u3u2.jpg

You guys look like your having a ball out there,

Great job by all who put this together.

cheers

What a great event the social was. Great weather (mostly) great fish and great people.

I would like to thank Stewie and Donna for their hospitality and commitment to Fishraider.

Scratchie, I hope you made it home ok. In all the years I have owned boats this would be the only time I have not had the spare fuel tank full of unleaded. My apologies to you.

We are looking forward to the same event next year.

What a great event the social was. Great weather (mostly) great fish and great people.

I would like to thank Stewie and Donna for their hospitality and commitment to Fishraider.

Scratchie, I hope you made it home ok. In all the years I have owned boats this would be the only time I have not had the spare fuel tank full of unleaded. My apologies to you.

We are looking forward to the same event next year.

Harold, I made it back fine as Reggie the rabbit, kindly donated enough petrol for me to get back. Although, after my mouthful of petrol, stewy came to the rescue with his sucking power and got the job done. :)

I'm glad you had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you and your family.

Cheers scratchie!!!

An official report will be posted tonight with all details.

Standby :)

I fished for hairtail but all I could catch were blue Salmon, black tip sharks and a mud crab.

The temp got a bit cool on the water last night fell to 20.

Hope to make it to the hairtail social next year, just a bit far to drive this year.

bruce

Can't seem to find the results of the comp. ??

Can't seem to find the results of the comp. ??

Keep your hair on Holls - we work allllllll day. We have just had dinner and now we are writing the results post

No probs. I just thought I read something about it going up monday and thought I'd missed it! Hope everyone had a great weekend. :-)

No probs. I just thought I read something about it going up monday and thought I'd missed it! Hope everyone had a great weekend. :-)

Nah it's all good. It's up now and posted Holls :)

So I worked until 1am last Friday trying to get my lights working so I can rock up to the social. Got it all done.

Get to the boat ramp at 5pm, thinking wow, this is strange, not many people here. They must be at the boat show, these guys forgot to plan it around the boat show! Head off to Waratah bay, 3 boats...ok they must all be at Jerusalem bay. By now it's dark, I see a boat!!... Thinking to myself soon as I turn this corner there is going to be a party up in here!!... another boat, and just one more boat.

Got home around midnight and jumped on the forums, thought I would check the dates just in case. Had the wrong dates!!!

I went two years ago and had fun, I didn't register but was amongst the crowds, was good fun!

But if the social was the week before, I too was at Waratah bay, got there around 6pm, there wasn't many boats around. I was still testing my boat out so I went there and back only. Were most people in Jerusalem bay?

So I worked until 1am last Friday trying to get my lights working so I can rock up to the social. Got it all done.

Get to the boat ramp at 5pm, thinking wow, this is strange, not many people here. They must be at the boat show, these guys forgot to plan it around the boat show! Head off to Waratah bay, 3 boats...ok they must all be at Jerusalem bay. By now it's dark, I see a boat!!... Thinking to myself soon as I turn this corner there is going to be a party up in here!!... another boat, and just one more boat.

Got home around midnight and jumped on the forums, thought I would check the dates just in case. Had the wrong dates!!!

I went two years ago and had fun, I didn't register but was amongst the crowds, was good fun!

But if the social was the week before, I too was at Waratah bay, got there around 6pm, there wasn't many boats around. I was still testing my boat out so I went there and back only. Were most people in Jerusalem bay?

Everyone was in Jerusalem Bay :sun: last week