swordfisherman

2015 HAIRTAIL SOCIAL

174 posts in this topic

Attn Scratchie, I have put an extra can of fuel on board for when you run low this year!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers Harold. Can you put an extra case of Jim beam too?

Looking forward to it as well.

I need a bed to sleep in... Bringing my boat but need a place to kip, anyone have room spare? Will be arriving Friday night about 7pm from work so will drag the boat strait up. PM me if you have room - also I'm 6'6" so I need a decent sized bed :)

Camp at The Basin?

What the hell. Unemployed, no dough, but lots of time and plenty of gear. The missus will kill me, but I'm the eternal optimist. Put me down for two nights of cyanosis and hypothermia. I'll scrounge up the wherewithal for accommodation and food somehow.

if you can make it out to a houseboat each night I'll shout you a hot meal and a glass of scotch.

Thanks, amkr, I'll take you up on that.

This is my first time, so bear with me on the following.

OK, she who must be obeyed has given me her blessing (As if!) so I'm on side at the kick off. Now, I need two things; A party to houseboat with and transport from Bobbin Head (I assume that's where the jumping off point is) to said houseboat and back. If anybody has booked a houseboat and needs numbers, please PM me.Same goes for anyone who has a boat with room to spare. Happy to remunerate you for providing a platform.

A heads up; my cooking skills are average, but I do a mean breakfast bacon, Don't mind washing up and swabbing the odd deck, I like a ciggy or three and an occasional beer. Actually I like alcohol, but it doesn't like me too much anymore. And I might snore (although the wife hasn't complained lately.)

A question; What food items would a Raider be required to bring?

Edited by GreyNurse

thermal underwear does the trick

my son and i will be there

again but this time we will catch a few hairies

NEW INFO ABOUT THIS SOCIAL as of 16/6/2015

Our newest sponsor HBA Learning Centres has donated the cash prizes below for the

2015 HAIRTAIL SOCIAL

First prize
for the longest hairtail (from nose to tip of tail) of $500 cash

The second prize will be the second largest hairtail of $125 cash

The third prize will be a mystery size of hairtail that will be decided by FISHRAIDER ADMIN and not revealed until the presentation breakfast onboard the mothership on Sunday morning. Closest capture to this size in mm will win $125 cash

All captures will be measured and validated by 2 people ie: Donna, Stewy or the other sponsor yarraone aka Sean Griffiths (Shadows Trailer Repairs) as all three of us will be onboard the mothership

Any member may only win ONE cash prize

You must be a fishraider member to win a prize

Winners must be present at the presentation to collect prizes if not then the prize is awarded to the runner up and so forth

In the event of a draw, names will be drawn from a hat

Wow! There's 500 reasons to come along to this years hairtail social. Thanks yet again for your contribution Harold.

Cheers scratchie!!!

With the must be a member clause, how does that work with +1's? My missus isn't likely to sign up any time soon but she'll get cranky if I take credit for her (usually larger than mine) catches.

Mark sign Mel up.

I know she will out fish you ,if she wins you still share in the prize. (maybe).

I am trying another spot, now there is money involved it's get exciting.

norm

That's an amazing prize and a generous one too!

How Good is that !!!! I was just glad to be attending my first social & Hairtail cacth , but to hear that there's Prize money aswell !!!!

AWSOME !!!!! Thanks Harold , Be sure to come past my boat for a few beers & feed . Just keep an eye out for a White 23ft SEAFOX

Boat rego "4 MY SON "

How Good is that !!!! I was just glad to be attending my first social & Hairtail cacth , but to hear that there's Prize money aswell !!!!

AWSOME !!!!! Thanks Harold , Be sure to come past my boat for a few beers & feed . Just keep an eye out for a White 23ft SEAFOX

Boat rego "4 MY SON "

you won't miss Harold's boat as it is quite a bit bigger than yours

This just keeps getting better! My first Hairtail Social, and an off chance to win a cash prize. Plus meet new other members, and fish in company in beautiful surrounds.. Only 30 sleeps to go!

mrsamkr is a great member name

plenty of "mrs" on here :)

Mrsamkr - don't say that, she might get ideas in her head!

Just for the record, considering scratchies spot was blanketed last year and with $500 on the line, I'm going to my other spot! I'll be poling them again this year. So the challenge is set! Catch me if you can! Lol :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Isn't your other spot just your sofa where you go and sulk when a Pom out fishes you?

Isn't your other spot just your sofa where you go and sulk when a Pom out fishes you?

Lmao! I knew the Pom would bite first! It's called fishing the forum! That's one already boated!

Fishing for hairtail is not like trolling for anything in the ocean. It requires more technic than you think me pommy friend!

Lmao! I knew the Pom would bite first! It's called fishing the forum! That's one already boated!

Fishing for hairtail is not like trolling for anything in the ocean. It requires more technic than you think me pommy friend!

We'll see brother! Looking forward to it, and having a few beers too!

In all honesty you might have to show me how to catch hairtail!

This social will be worth attending just to watch the above two mods spar it out on the water. Can't wait.

We'll see brother! Looking forward to it, and having a few beers too!

In all honesty you might have to show me how to catch hairtail!

No worries bro! The hardest bit is finding them. Then it's just a matter of lifting the rod rather than striking!

Nursie, nothing like a bit of competitive banter to get the excitement going! Both Ed and I just love our fishing and our banter as well! It's all good!