swordfisherman

The Entrance 2015 SOCIAL

136 posts in this topic

A silly question. Would you guys bring boats or is this land based? I am a bit unfamiliar with the different formats so sorry if that is covered in the above.

The format and details have not been announced as yet (it says TBA)

Have a look back at the other Entrance Socials in past years.

• Lunchtime Friday people arrive and come to our cabin to register and check-in and chat to others raiders. Fish anywhere - in lake, beach by boat or by land (no offshore)
  • Fish any hours you like up until Sun morn at 10am
  • We all gather at the room Sat and Sun morning for breakie. On Sun morning we give awards.
  • Sat night we may organise a place for dinner in town
  • There will be casting comps and games for kids if we have a lot of kids coming.
  • We may go en masse to the beach and you can pick up tips from other raiders on beach fishing and how to read the conditions
  • Measuring of fish will take place outside Villa 5 (our cabin) and informal knot tying sessions will take place there if you want to know how

It is a fun weekend even if you come for a day and meet other. We often have raiders drop in over the weekend just to say hello. If you come for the weekend it is worth it.

Apologies from me,..........I will be struggling at a fishing lodge in Panama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shame Ian - that will be a fantastic trip! We may be able to share live reports from you!

shame Ian - that will be a fantastic trip! We may be able to share live reports from you!

Will try and start with a little report from Cuba first, the week before..........but it's non fishing, so you may not be interested, or it may not be reportable!!

myself and my better half will be coming.

just booked the cabin for Friday night and Saturday night.

looking forward to finally meeting some raiders.

hopefully the new boat I have ordered will be here soon as I'm itching to get back out on the water (already waited 6 weeks for it to arrive and its killing me reading all the members reports)

Apologies from me,..........I will be struggling at a fishing lodge in Panama

What were you thinking !!!

myself and my better half will be coming.

just booked the cabin for Friday night and Saturday night.

looking forward to finally meeting some raiders.

hopefully the new boat I have ordered will be here soon as I'm itching to get back out on the water (already waited 6 weeks for it to arrive and its killing me reading all the members reports)

Welcome aboard Buttsy

Bugger, have to work Friday until 3pm. Would be great to meet a few raiders. I am pretty handy with a camera if you want some shots taken. On sat/Sun

Bugger, have to work Friday until 3pm. Would be great to meet a few raiders. I am pretty handy with a camera if you want some shots taken. On sat/Sun

You are welcome to come along on any of those days.

Be ready to go and come up on Friday arvo after work..its only 2 hrs away

Me and my best mate are in....we are locals live 20min away and this is our local waterway (does not mean were pros in anyway lol) we will only be land based and on yaks. If anyone needs two deckies we will quiet happily pay fuel and bait. Please pm me. Cheers. I know all sand bars and channels. Thanks. Looking forward to meetint everyone

Thanks swordy.

Camo I will be fishing out of my 4.2m tinny I'm happy to have you guys aboard if you don't get a better offer

Thanks swordy.

Camo I will be fishing out of my 4.2m tinny I'm happy to have you guys aboard if you don't get a better offer

Mate we would love to. Let us know a bit closer to it and we can sort it out :)

After speaking to sensei Master Stew I must turn up!

May just be me or me and my new found fisher girlfriend, But my wife wont let me have one at this stage. Bugger.

Working on Carolyn coming with me. See what happens

Do you guys know of any girls with a good boat and motor.

Dave.

Edited by Johndory

This inshore fishing thing does not pump my blood like looking back at the coast from a boat.

BUT

I am yet to go to a social and not be left with the feeling I have benefitted from others experience or just meeting people I only know online.

I'll be there but not sure for the next few days if it will be a day trip or weekend adventure.

Either way I've room to take passengers from south Sydney and interested if anyone wants to share costs on accommodation ( don't imagine they do cabins for one).

Steve

Hi Sewie and Donna, Anne and I along with out 9 year old daughter will be coming up, probably arrive late Friday arvo for the weekend. booking cabin tomorrow probably.

Cheers, Dan

Looks like we are going to be rocking the Entrance BIG TIME

Plenty of noise please, so I can feel the atmosphere!

Looking forward to this weekend big time, i know it is a couple of months off yet, but if someone has a spare spot on their boat, i will pay fuel, bait, and clean up. please pm me , regards Dan

Plenty of Raiders are now booked in at Dunleith and hopefully the weather gods and FISH gods get their act together.

This will be a big beach weekend for fishing with tailor,salmon ,flathead,bream and jewies on offer

This is a great venue and top weekend to get to know all your favourite fishraiders and their partners.

Regards Swordie

There is boat hire available close by too, obviously nothing fancy but opens up new areas to fish

Hey with these socials. Is there any area restrictions. Like is it anywhere in tuggerah lakes or a certain limit from caravan park? Cheers

I'd get in quick on any boat hire, they might disappear pretty quick once the numbers without boats is confirmed

Yes I'd like to come along as well.

Being a local maybe I could advise on some spots for the fishing.

I might suggest that being the month of May it would be prime time blackfishing off the wall and banks for those who don't have boats.

I could supply the weed if that helps.

Steve.

Local weed supply, Woohoo.

I'll be bringing my Blackfish gear as well as beach rods.

Thanks Stapo.