swordfisherman

HBA Learning Centres HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2016 ...its ON

153 posts in this topic

Going to be a cracker of a weekend, looking forward to it, one thing is a definite, the swordies know how to put on a social event.

Going to be a cracker of a weekend, looking forward to it, one thing is a definite, the swordies know how to put on a social event.

Thanks Dan we try our best :)

good luck guys i would like to come but i have sold my boat so im not going out on the yak have fun !!!!

Hi

I'll be there. Tojo + 1 child. Own boat...cheers

Edited by swordfisherman
ADDED

good luck guys i would like to come but i have sold my boat so im not going out on the yak have fun !!!!

Now that would be a first, a yak at the Hairtail weekend. Torture at the highest level!

Now that would be a first, a yak at the Hairtail weekend. Torture at the highest level!

It could be done as long as you had somewhere to sleep and park the yak.....maybe on your marlin board Harold :sun:

Hi Guy's,
Went up the Hawksbury over weekend and thought it may be a good to let you know that the ramp at Parsley Bay will be closed from sometime in May to August for major upgrades.

Cheers
​Clive

Hey guys would love to attend but no boat or license?

Any option for me and perhaps a +1 to join another boat?

Cheers!

Hey guys would love to attend but no boat or license?

Any option for me and perhaps a +1 to join another boat?

Cheers!

Get a houseboat or smaller vessel from the hire place and you don't need a license just common sense and join in the frivolities

Regards Stewy

Wow Harold and his company HBA Learning Centres have once again supported fishraider with a pile of great prizes for our social and in honour of this the hairtial social will now be named

the HBA Learning Centres Hairtail Social.

Get a houseboat or smaller vessel from the hire place and you don't need a license just common sense and join in the frivolities

Regards Stewy

Really? No boat license necessary?

I'll discuss with the Mrs when she is back later this week, I think we might be in.

Really? No boat license necessary?

I'll discuss with the Mrs when she is back later this week, I think we might be in.

Mike they give you a detailed run down on the use of the houseboat and full safety check and the houseboats only do around 8knots full speed and the hardest part is usually the anchoring or tying off to the many buoys in the area which we could assist you with as there will be many boaties from fishraider

Will be there with my son. Will have my own boat (Ruby) Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Can't make it Friday night (wedding anniversary) but will arrive Saturday morning.

Edited by swordfisherman
ADDED

I'll be there +3. Team Kiwicraig - ours will be the houseboat with beer on tap ;)

I'll be there +3. Team Kiwicraig - ours will be the houseboat with beer on tap ;)

Edited by swordfisherman
ADDED

Well make that +4. I just ditched the family to go on Craig's houseboat! :)

Well make that +4. I just ditched the family to go on Craig's houseboat! :)

Definitely pop over for a beer anyway! My mate is a pretty serious home brewer and when I asked if he'd be keen his response was "Sweet - I'll bring a keg" :)

When you get tired of the lady drinks the pirate ship will be serving rum...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hello Hawkesbury Hairtailers,

NSW Fisheries and the University of Western Sydney are currently undertaking a long overdue research program on the biology and fishery for hairtail in NSW. As all of you know too well, hairtail are a fantastic and fascinating fish species that supports a small, but important recreational fishery at various times and places in NSW each year. Despite this, we know almost nothing about the fish or their fishery here.

I am posting here as we need to recruit some passionate hairtail fishers to collect some data on these iconic fish. We are looking for volunteers to collect biological samples (heads with guts intact or the entire frame) or keep a diary of the lengths of the hairtail they catch, or both! From the heads and guts we can identify stomach contents, sex, stage in the reproductive cycle and remove the earbones to estimate how old the fish was. The diary data will give us a good handle on the sizes of fish caught in the rec fishery. This information will all assist us to assess the stock of this awesome fish species and manage them accordingly so that our kids can catch them (and a cold on a freezing winters night on the Hawkesbury!) in the future.

So, if you are a keen hairtail fisher and are willing to help us out by collecting biological samples or diary lengths (or both), please contact The NSW Research Angler Program – research.angler@dpi.nsw.gov.au, 9435 4671 – We need your help!

By the way, we will be at this years Hairtail Social where we will similarly be collecting hairtail heads-guts and lengths over the 3 days of the event.

Regards,

Julian Hughes

Julian, you will find a lot of members are keen to assist you. All we need to do is catch the things and history shows we can do that.

Look forward to seeing you out there. Make sure you wear some very warm clothing because it is colder than your fridge out there.

Edited by harold

Hey Julian

Team Hair of the dog will be very happy to help in any research.

And if you would like a coldie or a stiff warm drop.... drop in!

JD

Would absolutely love to be there, will have 2 mates with me

Edited by swordfisherman
ADDED

Houseboat all booked and finalised.

Have to dust off my hairtail rigs, I'll catch my first this year even if it means staying awake for 3 days straight.

I'm confused as to the deal with mooring house boats.

Vos stayed up here a couple of months back and said the anchors are cr4p.

Is this gonna be a case of all finding separate public moorings

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk