swordfisherman

HBA Learning Centres HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2016 ...its ON

153 posts in this topic

Not long to go now raiders! I'm starting to prep the boat and gear needed this week.

I'm also hoping to get there Thursday night if everything goes to plan. So if anyone is out there then let me know!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I've been getting ready for the last 11 months!

I bought a boat, installed a fishfinder, installed a rocket launcher, installed a live well, purchased a tonnes of rods and reels.

I think I'm nearly ready to finally catch one!

I'll be up there at the crack of dawn friday scratchie. Save me a spot roughly inline with that palm tree :P

Edited by amkr

Not long to go now raiders! I'm starting to prep the boat and gear needed this week.

I'm also hoping to get there Thursday night if everything goes to plan. So if anyone is out there then let me know!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thought you were bringing the ankle biters Jeff. Will be a cold one out there Thurs night with no house boats to warm up in.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thought you were bringing the ankle biters Jeff. Will be a cold one out there Thurs night with no house boats to warm up in.

I sure am brining the kids! Don't you remember the entrance social? They stood in the pissing down rain for hours fishing. They still go swimming every arvo in winter! Their tough little buggers. Not only that, a day off school to go fishing! Yeah!!!

I've been getting ready for the last 11 months!

I bought a boat, installed a fishfinder, installed a rocket launcher, installed a live well, purchased a tonnes of rods and reels.

I think I'm nearly ready to finally catch one!

I'll be up there at the crack of dawn friday scratchie. Save me a spot roughly inline with that palm tree :P

Mate, you have gone to the extreme of preparation! I hope I don't catch them all Thursday night! Lol :)

I won't be hanging there on Friday or Saturday though! It will look like a mini city with all those raiders! I might have to go to my special spot! :)

I sure am brining the kids! Don't you remember the entrance social? They stood in the pissing down rain for hours fishing. They still go swimming every arvo in winter! Their tough little buggers. Not only that, a day off school to go fishing! Yeah!!!

I do remember. Hard as nails :)

I'll see you on the Friday morning.

own boat Ian Annette Amanda & Harry looking forward to a great weekend

Edited by swordfisherman
ADDED

Mate, you have gone to the extreme of preparation! I hope I don't catch them all Thursday night! Lol :)

I won't be hanging there on Friday or Saturday though! It will look like a mini city with all those raiders! I might have to go to my special spot! :)

Mate, I wanted to do it properly :P

I think we might do the friday there and have a look elsewhere for the saturday.

I'm actually hoping the weather plays ball so I can head outside during the days!

I do remember. Hard as nails :)

I'll see you on the Friday morning.

I remember this

"my 8 year old can catch more fish than you!"

"dad I'm 11..."

I remember this

"dad I'm 11..."

Lol...... The funny thing was he did out fish you!

And he actually won the mystery length and pocketed $125! :)

It will be no different this year! Haha

I remember this

"dad I'm 11..."

It was my first weekend social and I had the fortune to meet the other members of the HOT Dog ( Hair Of The - Dog) crew.

We may have got distracted with a bottle of rum ( in the dry and warm) whilst you were getting wet :)

But credit where it's due. The boys did good.

In a house boat this time. So challenge accepted!!

Let's hope it's a bit dryer.

True Story =/

We'll see about this year!

I woke up sunday with a cracker of a hangover. Got a bit carried away with the 'keeping warm' on Saturday night!

Yes Steve! Love a challenge. It should be game on amongst all raiders. Harold has put up some generous prize money and bragging rights are always a joy!

Bring it on I say! So do the boys! :)

True Story =/

We'll see about this year!

I woke up sunday with a cracker of a hangover. Got a bit carried away with the 'keeping warm' on Saturday night!

Gees mate, a hangover is no excuse! I wake up every morning with one! But I hope you catch one this year, as long as I catch four! :)

Wont be at the social, but I'll be after hairtail this weekend. I'll be sure to make up a report to let you all know if they're around!

I just spoke with Steve at HOLIDAYS AFLOAT and he assures us that the river is fine at this present time and with a favourable forecast in the coming days we should have little problem at all.

Regards Swordy

I just spoke with Steve at HOLIDAYS AFLOAT and he assures us that the river is fine at this present time and with a favourable forecast in the coming days we should have little problem at all.

Regards Swordy

good to hear

It will be a brilliant weekend just like last year. I popped in and bought some of the 75mm glow sticks last Friday. They only had the yellow but i am not convinced the colour makes a whole heap of difference. We will get there on the Friday morning.

It will be a brilliant weekend just like last year. I popped in and bought some of the 75mm glow sticks last Friday. They only had the yellow but i am not convinced the colour makes a whole heap of difference. We will get there on the Friday morning.

I might have a few extra colours for you H

Please add one of our newest members

Booga-316 to my boat for the social. It's gunna be crowded onboard!!!

This is all getting very exciting and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that I can't even make it for one night fish.

It seems every time a social is on I have a commitment.

Never mind. I will enjoy the live reports and revel in the achievements of fellow raiders.

Cheers

Jim

This is all getting very exciting and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that I can't even make it for one night fish.

It seems every time a social is on I have a commitment.

Never mind. I will enjoy the live reports and revel in the achievements of fellow raiders.

Cheers

Jim

It's about making time Jim! Life's short and this is one event that most look forward to on the Fishraider calendar!

Jerusalem bay turns into a city of Fishraiders! It is something pretty special and not to be missed!

I'm happy to travel for this event and I know some even travel as far as Bathurst!

So whatever you've got on, call a sickie and I'll see you there! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Jim it will be worth coming just to see Jeff crying into his beer when I catch a bigger fish than him!!

Jim it will be worth coming just to see Jeff crying into his beer when I catch a bigger fish than him!!

Lol...... I love the challenge Steve! You talk a mean game, I just can't wait to see you carry the ball.

I'll give you a post to look at!!!

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=69411&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

This is what started the JB city!!!