herbo

Stolen gear - Narooma NSW

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First time on here, I'm from south of the border, and visiting now to put a word out there about a significant amount of gear I and a mate had stolen from Narooma NSW on Easter Sunday. I've been visiting there for a number of years and the first night I've ever left gear out on the back veranda of the place we stay at it gets knocked off. Suffice to say I've learnt the hard way. I've got no insurance coverage (both boat and contents) unless there's been forced entry. Anyway the gear is:

Innovator Nitro Viper Rod with Shimano Stradic Ci4 reel.

Daiwa Monster Mesh med jig with Daiwa Capricorn 4500J reel.

Black Magic tackle back pack with multiple trays full of mostly bream style lures, jigs, leader, etc.

Shimano back pack style - multiple trays full of all sorts of lures, soft plastics, fillet knife and more.

Plus one orange in colour battery charger (can't remember brand) that's pretty old - I guess they just grabbed that because it was there.

This is obviously a long shot but if anyone gets offered or sees this sort of gear for sale I would greatly appreciate a private message through this forum.

If any information leads to recovery of the gear I'll offer a $500 reward. Would love to locate the unsavoury characters that knocked it off. They ruined my fishing week!

Also if anyone can suggest any other fishing forums to put this info on please do so

Not a very good way to end your stay in NSW Herbo. Some serious gear there that would have cost a fair bit. Hope you reported to the police, just in case... I was warned by a local (when staying at the East van park) to be careful to keep everything inside. Seems it's not an unusual event down there...anywhere, for that matter. Hope you get some good news mate, although???

I feel sorry for you. You must have been devastated and I am sure it ruined your Easter. Hopefully a fellow Fishradier will see your gear and report to you and the Police. :busted_cop:

Herbo,

Firstly welcome to the forum but unfortunately on a sad note. I have moved this post to the appropriate section. You made mention of other forums you can use? There is no better fishing forum than Fishraider.
I wish you all the best in the recovery of your gear and make sure you report it to police.

Cheers scratchie mod team

Thanks all and yes I made a police report soon after the gear went missing.

Checked group on Facebook that sells gear. Nothing appeared there ( yet )

Hi all,

First time on here, I'm from south of the border, and visiting now to put a word out there about a significant amount of gear I and a mate had stolen from Narooma NSW on Easter Sunday. I've been visiting there for a number of years and the first night I've ever left gear out on the back veranda of the place we stay at it gets knocked off. Suffice to say I've learnt the hard way. I've got no insurance coverage (both boat and contents) unless there's been forced entry. Anyway the gear is:

Innovator Nitro Viper Rod with Shimano Stradic Ci4 reel.

Daiwa Monster Mesh med jig with Daiwa Capricorn 4500J reel.

Black Magic tackle back pack with multiple trays full of mostly bream style lures, jigs, leader, etc.

Shimano back pack style - multiple trays full of all sorts of lures, soft plastics, fillet knife and more.

Plus one orange in colour battery charger (can't remember brand) that's pretty old - I guess they just grabbed that because it was there.

This is obviously a long shot but if anyone gets offered or sees this sort of gear for sale I would greatly appreciate a private message through this forum.

If any information leads to recovery of the gear I'll offer a $500 reward. Would love to locate the unsavoury characters that knocked it off. They ruined my fishing week!

Herbo sorry to hear this! May I suggest also looking at some of the Jewfish pages on FB. These groups have lots of members and could be a good way to reach a lot of people across the country.

Good luck with your recovery!

Thanks all for the Facebook advice. As much as I dislike Facebook I'll check them out.

Checked group on Facebook that sells gear. Nothing appeared there ( yet )

Camel, which Facebook selling page are you referring to above?

Thanks all for the Facebook advice. As much as I dislike Facebook I'll check them out.

Camel, which Facebook selling page are you referring to above?

Plenty of thieves on facebook ;) trying to shift stuff

Bad luck herbo. Some people just can't help themselves. It is a sad indictment on society when anything that is left out is not safe. Unfortunately the chances of having it returned is almost non-existent. You had some nice gear stolen there. The worst part is that the mongrels who stole it probably will never know the quality of your gear, and if they bother to use it at all will not appreciate it.