finin

Offshore today

13 posts in this topic

Gday all, went wide today past Heatons and didn't turn a reel. Water varies from 21.5- 24.0 going from bluey green to blue in the process. Current going north at 2 knots. Wind easy 20 knots and dodnt really drop swell up to 2M.

Thats it, going tomorrow so see what happens.

Gday all, went wide today past Heatons and didn't turn a reel. Water varies from 21.5- 24.0 going from bluey green to blue in the process. Current going north at 2 knots. Wind easy 20 knots and dodnt really drop swell up to 2M.

Thats it, going tomorrow so see what happens.

thanks for that, all info is good info :). I finally got my boat back this week so I'm heading out tomorrow for the first time in over a month. My call sign is "Happy Hooker 2" if want to get me on the radio.

good luck tomorrow

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

I'll be out. Heading south east looking to fish that temp break for the arvo high tide. Going to concentrate on the cool side if we can find it. Good luck boys.

I'll be out there tomorrow. Hopefully we find some action. Heading SE

Out to the 12 mile for a jig on Monday and then off to the mountain for a deep drop and maybe a troll.

Got some intel off my brother from Greenwell Point that the yellowfin are around and not that far out

Hi finin.

Do you feel you were unlucky or you were in a dessert?

We can all hit a zero but, you know, some zeros are unlucky but others just fishing

No, stevefish we wernt really trying, more of a scout mission for features. Current 2mile outside of 500f is running at 4knots i have just been told.

We got out today for a latish start, we hooked 2 stripes in green water around lunchtime but they didn't stick. We got the hook-ups on small break that went up to 22.5 about half way between browns and heatons. We stayed around that area the rest of arvo despite the green water hoping for another, but that was it. We heard later on the radio later that the blue/blue water was about 10 miles east of Heatons, so we probably should have keep tracking east. Oh well, hindsight = 20/20 vision.

If I can swindle a day next week I might try again but go straight for that blue water break east of heatons and spend most of the day along that edge.

Comp on today, from what I heard only 1 stripe and a couple makos were caught out of about sixty boats.

post-22587-0-80815400-1463225677_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Not many fish today for the hacking 100.

Good luck guys.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

10 miles EAST !!!! of Heatons :074: or 10 miles west of NZ

take your pick :)

its not that bad, its like driving to Gosford, but Gosford is in the middle of ocean with potentially dangerous seas :)

Have heard the pro's off Ulladulla have done well this last fortnight getting good numbers of 50 - 60kg yellowfin, inside and just over the shelf. Also a good late season marlin bite in the same area yesterday. I found one on a bait ball late yesterday arvo, out of Batemans Bay, but no luck.

The Bermagui Yellowfin Tournament is on at the moment. A couple of marlin, spearfish and one yellowfin around 50kg caught while listening to the radio. Hopefully the tuna are not far off and should be heading through Sydney soon...

Cheers.....

Dave