Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VViCKiD

Fishing out wide - what time do u start ?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just wondering what time everyone's in the water to fish out wide ? I've heard of some stories of people hitting the water at 2am. What time do u start ? And where would u go?

Cheers

As above, for Marlin there's times the boat hits the brakes before you get all the rods lures rubber bands etc out for the day.

Tuna not so much, depends on the rumours, where you think the good water is and so on. The best/worst we've done is run from about 1am.

Truth is most game fish are caught in a the arvo, they probably bite a bit better but people have also had all day to figure them out.

Never caught a gamefish before 9am. I always ask myself why I leave so early. I think it's the nastouga of watching the sun rise! Also think by time you collect live bait and travel miles offshore, that takes some time.

Each to their own!

Cheers scratchie!!!

thanks for the input guys. i always seem to get to Browns at about 9am or so. Always thought I was a late bird.

But yeh, I agree with u scratchie.. Catching live bait can often drain valuable time in the morning