VViCKiD

North or South of Sydney this weekend

56 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'll be heading out this Sunday. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on where to head? North or South of Sydney?

South. Water looks better south, all the fish reports have been south.

South. Water looks better south, all the fish reports have been south.

Well , if you say south then I'm heading north! I know your luck! :)

haha. I think I'll head to south canyons and to Browns.

was that your plan amkr ?

Well , if you say south then I'm heading north! I know your luck! :)

With my luck you'd be better off fishing for marlin in the local swimming pool!

haha. I think I'll head to south canyons and to Browns.

was that your plan amkr ?

Sit on the deck with a beer and let the captain drive the boat around.

Originally yeah, I was going to go southern canyons to browns, but looks like we'll be further south now.

What are people's opinions on the difference in the SST charts (Ripcharts) from the multi-res scans to today's first clear scan in ages. They show significantly different scenarios off sydney. Do you think there could be temperature interference in the results of the scan even though the image looks clear in that area? It looks like there is a nice break running northwest to southeast and kinking around browns on the most recent scan but the computer modelling looks like the is much more even temperature across that area with maybe a few more minor currents running north south over browns. There looks to be a tight looking cold water eddy off JB but looking at the altimetry it is on the side of that big depression, whereas it appears the fish have been caught on the edge of the upwellings. I don't know which ones to believe at the moment. I'm hoping we get another good scan between now and sunday to allow some more accurate modelling. We're heading out of Sydney on Sunday

Well can you guys find them on Sunday and let me know? I'm out on Tuesday! Can't wait, a long drive south first!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Heading for kiama tonite hopefully find something worth chasing in the morning

we were out today, there is a hard break almost directly east of the browns goes from 20.7 on one side rapidly down to 19.2 in places. Kelp, Cuttle fish bones all washed up along the edge, we mainly fished the cold side. lots of tuna birds in spots. We trolled along it for a bit over 4hrs and only got one hook-up on a small fish, I suspect a stripped tuna or a albacore.

we heard that there were a few yellowfin hooked and that there was a multiple hookup on Bluefin east of Browns, they wouldn't say where they hooked the Yellowfin. I would guess we saw around 15 to 20 boats along the break we were on and there were boats south as well near the canyons

So a few fish were caught here and there, hopefully better numbers over the weekend, good luck to anyone heading out

Thanks for the report mate. I heard it was pretty quiet all along the coast today. hopefully some news will come out of tomorrow. It sounds like that recent sst scan was pretty good.

Thanks for the report mate. I heard it was pretty quiet all along the coast today. hopefully some news will come out of tomorrow. It sounds like that recent sst scan was pretty good.

no probs, hey one guy cleaned up today he got Bluefin and yellowfin, he was southeast of browns, we were almost directly east

so if anyone is heading out tomorrow, maybe head southeast of browns

Well can you guys find them on Sunday and let me know? I'm out on Tuesday! Can't wait, a long drive south first!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Goodluck! Are you on your boat?

Nope! I'll be out on a boat called "my sanity"

I would doubt that as his boat is way to small for this trip

I'll be out tomorrow on my boat Chowster. Fished yesterday on Marquis for a double hook up but lost one under the boat just before the gaff went in. Second fish we got 161cm and around 75kg. we were slightly south and wide of browns around 60fm. also a lot of boat got nothing so some good fish around but plenty of water between them....Lots of boats out today so should get more report later this afternoon and tonight.

post-12518-0-14643200-1468627174_thumb.jpg

Edited by boattart

we were out today, there is a hard break almost directly east of the browns goes from 20.7 on one side rapidly down to 19.2 in places. Kelp, Cuttle fish bones all washed up along the edge, we mainly fished the cold side. lots of tuna birds in spots. We trolled along it for a bit over 4hrs and only got one hook-up on a small fish, I suspect a stripped tuna or a albacore.

we heard that there were a few yellowfin hooked and that there was a multiple hookup on Bluefin east of Browns, they wouldn't say where they hooked the Yellowfin. I would guess we saw around 15 to 20 boats along the break we were on and there were boats south as well near the canyons

So a few fish were caught here and there, hopefully better numbers over the weekend, good luck to anyone heading out

We actually gave the co ordinates out over the radio and had 4 boats around us in no time. 34.02 151.51

Edited by boattart

We actually gave the co ordinates out over the radio and had 4 boats around us in no time. 34.02 151.51

good stuff, that's an awesome yellowfin, someone else got a couple of YFT and we asked for their position but they wouldn't say

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Nice one guys, good luck tomorrow. We'll probably head to that area early and then head to Browns for a drop later in the morning/lunch if it's dead to try to get a feed. That order might change but the general area will be similar. We'll be on "Spanner" probably on channel 21.

Can anyone give me marks for the Southern Canyons? Thanks in advance

Dave

34 12.106 S

151 29.449 E

Those are the marks I have

Thanks for sharing boatart!

Southern canyons are at 34 12.929 151 28.158 I believe

I would doubt that as his boat is way to small for this trip

Couldn't agree more. It's a big ocean even with experience!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Scratchie I'm out Sunday and Monday if I find them I'll let you know