VViCKiD

North or South of Sydney this weekend

56 posts in this topic

Scratchie I'm out Sunday and Monday if I find them I'll let you know

Good to hear from you champ! That would be great Gerry! If you find them just save me a few! :)

Did anybody hear if anything was caught off sydney today

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did anybody hear if anything was caught off sydney today

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A lot of fin caught off Wollongong yesterday!

Swim slowly my friends, I can't get out until Tuesday! :)

Plenty of jellybean yellowfin caught yesterday. Most seemed to come south of Browns and were in the 5 to 10 kg range. Heard of a quadruple hook up on one boat. A few larger specimens caught from 30 to 50 kg. Even heard of a few dollies and a Marlin raised.

We went against to trend and headed north to the tuna hole about 35 miles out from broken bay. It has now been named the non tuna hole.

We did manage a small yellowfin on the way back in over the shelf and then a very small Mac tuna. The yellowfin willmake some nice sashimi.

Water them went from 16 in broken bay to 19 a few miles out up to 20.5 and then down to 19.5 at the tuna hole. Very sloppy conditions until after lunch.

If I was heading out today or tomorrow I would be heading just south of Browns.

Cheers Cpt Ahab.

fished south of kiama..never turned a reel ..out as far 1200 fthm..a few yft and sbt were caught further north off shellharbour and the gong...maybe next weekend for us if they keep pushing north we might get a crack off Swansea..rick

Fished around Southern canyons. Trolled around for hours and then cubed some more for hours. Went through 20kg of pillies. Water was 20 inside the shelf to about 21.8 around 5nm East of canyons

Noob question: what should I be looking for in a place to cube? Had a pretty tough day

Fished around Southern canyons. Trolled around for hours and then cubed some more for hours. Went through 20kg of pillies. Water was 20 inside the shelf to about 21.8 around 5nm East of canyons

Noob question: what should I be looking for in a place to cube? Had a pretty tough day

That's a bit disappointing! Thanks for the feedback!

What I look for when cubing- either a current line/temp break or bait!

They might be waiting for me tomorrow! :)

Few blue and yellowfin weighed in at shellharbour.

Few blue and yellowfin weighed in at shellharbour.

I'm hearing the bite was south of the gong!

Yes it seems that way scratchie. Bluefin were at 70 odd kg.

fished south of kiama..never turned a reel ..out as far 1200 fthm..a few yft and sbt were caught further north off shellharbour and the gong...maybe next weekend for us if they keep pushing north we might get a crack off Swansea..rick

Local gfc members have said since the earth quake the tuna don't come up this far :(

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pretty quiet off Batemans Bay over the weekend, a few albacore and stripies about. A couple of bluefin have been coming in off Bermagui, and the longliners are working wide of the 151 mark. Hopefully the next run of fish won't be too far away. Cheers.........

Dave

We fished yesterday. There was about a 19.8- 21deg break (on our sounder) on the top of the shelf inside browns first thing in the morning. We found sauries and caught two striped tuna and continued to browns where the water was around 22.5. We caught our 4 Gemmies by about 10:30-11am and trolled to the southern canyons. The water was warm everywhere outside the shelf and gradually got down to about 20.8 on top of the shelf. There was no sharp temp break but there was a sharp current line with scattered bait along most of the top of the shelf between browns and the southern canyons. The water at the southern canyons in the afternoon was about 21.2. We sounded fish at about 300m and cubed for 2.5 hours (until 3:30pm) for nothing and had to come home. It was nice being able to come home at 25kts.

Pretty quiet off Batemans Bay over the weekend, a few albacore and stripies about. A couple of bluefin have been coming in off Bermagui, and the longliners are working wide of the 151 mark. Hopefully the next run of fish won't be too far away. Cheers.........

Dave

There was break at the back of Browns that went 20.5 to 19.2 on Friday, that's now moved south to Southern Canyons over the last 2 days and Browns and Bait Station are now 21.5 and 22 respectively, that's more Stripped Marlin temperature.

If that colder break keeps moving south then you might have to travel south to get Bluefin. Most of the fish over the weekend were off Wollongong, Port Kembla and mainly small YFT. You will still get YFT and Albacore in the warmer water, but probably not Bluefin. Those few Bluefin caught last week off Sydney might have been the run. Last year was relatively short season for BFT off Sydney.

But I hope your right and the run is still to come :)

Ive now fished the last two day from Browns to heatons for nothing

Yesterday was a long day we trolled all day then cubed about 3 miles north east of browns until about 4.30pm

Today we fished inside browns and gave up about lunch time came in to the peak and caught a nice pigfish and that was it.

I used to work on a 71 ft longline boat from port stephens in 2006 we had that many sbts in front of port stephens just outside shelf we couldn't fish because we had already filled our bycatch quota...they still come this far just no boats fishing out there at this time of year compared to two months ago...rick

I fished out of Botany yesterday.Started cubing before sunrise along that slight break 6-8nm se of Browns.Followed that same break sth & dropped a big Stripe about 7.30-8.00am.Finished up around 18nm sse of Southern Canyons with only a few Stipie tuna caught.Like most we saw plenty of birds marked a lot of fish at various depts,tried cubing again & another boat hooked up trolling through our trail which pretty much summed up the day.Heard on the radio & back at the ramp a few scored tuna but their were many more 0's,also a couple of big Dollies & another Stripe caught.Wind wasn't to bad for a change.

The water around browns isn't that favourable, it looks like the good weather is all around Southern Canyons

I was out yesterday off Sydney in great conditions! But too good for the fin because they disappeared. Nothing on the radio all day!

The water was a steady 21.2 deg all day from browns to miles around.

No bait, no whales, no dolphins, no temp breaks, no current lines, no birds, nothing!

We did manage our bag of gemmies and a trevalla. Would have been nice to catch even a little YFT to cap off a great day out there!

Thanks to the smart fellas who put a pie oven on there trailer boat! It was the best pie ever!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I was out yesterday off Sydney in great conditions! But too good for the fin because they disappeared. Nothing on the radio all day!

The water was a steady 21.2 deg all day from browns to miles around.

No bait, no whales, no dolphins, no temp breaks, no current lines, no birds, nothing!

We did manage our bag of gemmies and a trevalla. Would have been nice to catch even a little YFT to cap off a great day out there!

Thanks to the smart fellas who put a pie oven on there trailer boat! It was the best pie ever!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Sounds pretty good to me, I think a YFT for you guys would have been icing on the cake :) Jemfish, blueeye, calm weather and a pie oven.

When you say pie oven, do you mean like a glass fronted oven like in a shop with pies inside ready to eat anytime or you have to cook them? Either way that's pretty awesome.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Sounds pretty good to me, I think a YFT for you guys would have been icing on the cake :) Jemfish, blueeye, calm weather and a pie oven.

When you say pie oven, do you mean like a glass fronted oven like in a shop with pies inside ready to eat anytime or you have to cook them? Either way that's pretty awesome.

Mate, even a small YFT was all we needed to make a perfect day! The pie oven was a camping one that run off 12volt and can cook 8 pies at a time! Just the warmth you need to recharge your mojo!

Mate, even a small YFT was all we needed to make a perfect day! The pie oven was a camping one that run off 12volt and can cook 8 pies at a time! Just the warmth you need to recharge your mojo!

yeah nice, i'm thinking of getting a pie oven on my boat now :). Its perfect especially in winter.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Just to continue the side track, do you guys have recommendations on brands/models of pie oven. I've seen small ones in big Auto Shops for about $70 but was unsure how effective/reliable they would be.