mrsswordfisherman

SPONSORS - what businesses/products would raiders like here

23 posts in this topic

We are very lucky to have such wonderful sponsors/advertisers on fishraider. They keep this forum alive and able to provide offline events like our socials, weekends away and fishing clinics etc.

We are about the only fishing forum to survive and that is due directly to the work done by Admin and Mod team and the support of our sponsors and members.

We have a very nice community here and wonderful information sharing so we can all enjoy the sport and fun.

We are looking for some more sponsors and would like your help to decide what companies/products fishraiders would like us to contact.

Charters - Australia and reaching out to perhaps NZ and beyond, Boating places and or anything to do with boats, Tackle shops, Electronics, Kayak sellers etc etc. It does not have to be fishing related even - we have some wonderful members with businesses that we would like to help and partner with.

Do you know anyone? Contact fishraider@iinet.net.au or pm me here with ideas.

Donna, everyone here would have a mobile phone and internet connectivity so perhaps one of the carriers?

Donna, everyone here would have a mobile phone and internet connectivity so perhaps one of the carriers?

Great idea Harold - thinking about that now ........

Hi Donna, just thinking about potential sponsors...how about accommodation providers ( hotels, motels, caravan parks) within easy reach of Sydney. Chamber of Commerce facilities in some of the coastal towns, may also be worth contacting, emphasising the potential of the Fishraider Community.

Houseboat hire on the Hawkesbury. ( or anywhere really)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yeah maybe try a boat hire place (boab or ozboathire) as there are many LBG on this that would love to take a boat out one time.

Hi Donna, just thinking about potential sponsors...how about accommodation providers ( hotels, motels, caravan parks) within easy reach of Sydney. Chamber of Commerce facilities in some of the coastal towns, may also be worth contacting, emphasising the potential of the Fishraider Community.

Yes a good idea Neil thanks

Houseboat hire on the Hawkesbury. ( or anywhere really)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes am negotiating there

Yeah maybe try a boat hire place (boab or ozboathire) as there are many LBG on this that would love to take a boat out one time.

Have tried there but will revisit thanks

Are all our sponsors listed somewhere ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are all our sponsors listed somewhere ?

Above this thread!!!

Above this thread!!!

Thanks scratchie I should have put my glasses on

I agree house boats and/or accommodation would be a good sponsor us people from central west have to stay somewhere when we head to the coast lol

Boat covers, canopies, etc

Donna I was just thinking about this for some reason I can't explain. What about one of the national retail chains of fishing tackle and associated stuff. We all buy hooks, sinkers, rods, reels and lord knows what else. I would think certain companies would find us a very desirable place to advertise/sponsor. The franchisor/head office would have a marketing person or team and the cost would be negligible to them. The mere fact there are circa 25,000 Fishraiders would place them in good stead with their branch/franchise network.

No names here but there are 4 big players in this game. They are all looking for an edge over each other.

Another idea is what about one of the very big chains of hardware. No names again but there are 2 and they would do anything to out market each other.

Hey, what about the people who do the Sounders and fish finders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donna I was just thinking about this for some reason I can't explain. What about one of the national retail chains of fishing tackle and associated stuff. We all buy hooks, sinkers, rods, reels and lord knows what else. I would think certain companies would find us a very desirable place to advertise/sponsor. The franchisor/head office would have a marketing person or team and the cost would be negligible to them. The mere fact there are circa 25,000 Fishraiders would place them in good stead with their branch/franchise network.

No names here but there are 4 big players in this game. They are all looking for an edge over each other..

Especially with online purchase being so easy, it can be a franchise of one of the main player or a independent Fishing & Tackle supplier, they both support local just one pays a fee to a larger company.

Any consideration of an application to the Recreational Fishing Trust? I don't know if its directly applicable, but I use this forum for learning more about fishing and all of the posts promote responsible fishing, so perhaps it meets the criteria of "recreational fishing education - fishing workshops, Fishcare volunteers, schools education, fishing advisory".

On 25/07/2016 at 7:54 PM, harold said:

No names here but there are 4 big players in this game. They are all looking for an edge over each other.

Another idea is what about one of the very big chains of hardware. No names again but there are 2 and they would do anything to out market each other.

+1

It would be great to have an online shop for gear/kit/tackle in addition to Outriggers where we can stock up. 

Or, any local shops without an online presence that wanted to do a deal would get my business too. 

Agreed James it is a brilliant way to advertise to a targeted audience. 

Thanks for comments

On 7/25/2016 at 7:54 PM, harold said:

yes very good idea, i think i know the shops too, do anything to bat the other like you said :D