piratin

Boat Gutted In Inner West

18 posts in this topic

Morning Raiders

last Wednesday night someone stole all contents of my seafarer victory, including full set of new clears, covers and even frame! Took fish finder, relax outrigger poles, custom made stainless bait board, flares, epirb, fishing gear including gaffs, lure packs etc etc even took berley muncher, gaffs, lifejackets etc

Boat parked under street light outside front of house. Actually have exterior house lights that come on at night when someone is at boat??

Just a message to others in the area to keep an eye out. Would like to say numerous other things however not appropriate for this site,

piratin

post-7298-0-46532700-1474667209_thumb.jpg

Edited by piratin

Thats sucks, I have my boat on the driveway which has no fence. I take almost everything out. Means I have a big job every weekend at 5am getting everything in but I don't have to worry about losing it all.

Even taking your burley muncher and your flares. That's low. Sounds like they are decking out a boat of their own and you got picked as the donater.

Will be interesting if they ever use that epirb. Can you notify the epirb stolen so if a clown uses it they get flagged? That would be priceless.

Hope you have insurance or get some recourse.

Good luck.

there are some a holes out there and it wouldnt have been a five minute job either so very game or know your movements just saying

Bad luck piratin.

Bloody scum bags.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bloody hell, some people are low lives, this would have taken a while to do and may be two people doing it, scum that is all I can say about them, long shot but lets hope karma comes back to haunt them.

Brazen bastards. They seem to think that the world owes them something.

Keep an eye on gumtree. That is where I found my stuff when it was stolen rang the police told them and they went and got it back for me, and sent the so and so to the big house.

Hope you get it all back and karma is swift

David

And i think it all boils down to lowlifes that buy stolen gear.

And lowlifes that sell drugs and giving theifs a place to unload their stolen gear.

Stamp out these lowlifes and we are half way there to living a better life.

I would love to have a bigger boat but I could not fit it in garage and I couldn't bring myself to park it on the street.

It a sad inditement on the society we live in but without trying i have seen quite a number of boats burnt out in my area Lilyfieild road must have had 1/2 a dozen in the last 6 months.

Sad to hear your tale of woe piratin.

Edited by Austwave

Like an iphone how good would it be if sounders are pin code activated. The pin will always remain even with a factory hard reset. The only way to retrieve a lost pin is via personal email from the company.

People will realise that they become useless. As per the epirb I hope the idiots dont activate it for no reason wasting anyones time, because I would highly doubt an RCC would ignore a distress even if it is stolen.

3 hours ago, JA1990 said:

Like an iphone how good would it be if sounders are pin code activated. The pin will always remain even with a factory hard reset. The only way to retrieve a lost pin is via personal email from the company.

Im pretty sure the Simrad Go series can be Pin Coded. I remember seeing it in the menu,

By any chance did you have a hds7 gen 3?

I recently purchased a secondhand one from a young Sydney man who I believed to be a pretty decent fellow who claimed to of bought the unit from a police auction. I have the full correspondence between us in my phone, I even took him out for a days fishing.

The unit wasn't for me but for a friend who had been searching for a good secondhand one. After fitting it to his boat with him we found the sidescan to not be working so called Lowrance, who informed me it was a stolen unit.

i have returned the money to my mate I bought the unit for and informed the police. The police will be contacting Lowrance to inform the owner. I'm now out of pocket $450 for trusting some asshole I allowed into my home that fed me a pack of lies.

I will check with police to see if I'm legally allowed to release his name, work place and photo ( even gave him some fresh lobsters).

lesson here is check every single serial number on anything you buy secondhand ( extremely unrealistic)

by the way this guy comes from a very well to-do family who own property all over Aus, he lives at home with his parents who will find a very interesting message on their phone today about their son. 

That's terrible Jon. I do hope that there's some avenue of recourse for you and that this guy gets the book thrown at him.

It makes you think of the amount of things I've bought and sold and not once considered doing serial number checks. Even buying fishing gear from forum members and each of the secondhand boats I've bought, going through every piece of equiptmeants serial numbers on a boat would be down right painfull.

Down here I take a few local police out fishing with me, so hopefully they will be able to make sure this bloke gets what's coming to him. I've since found out he may have other stolen boating gear stored at his parents home, just hope the police catch him before he moves it.

They are simply dogs of the street and yes, what goes around, comes around.