Rah

Kayak and all my gear stolen

24 posts in this topic

G'day Raiders,

Last night lowlife scum came onto my folks property and stole my kayak with ALL my gear in Berry NSW.

Have reported to the police but would appreciate if anyone sees my stuff trying to be flogged anywhere to let me know.

Orange camouflage kayak with rudder, scorpion stickers on the bow.

Daiwa gen black wicked weasel rod 2-4kg

Daiwa lexa2500 reel with white braid

Daiwa brown canvas shoulder bag full of all my gear, plastics, lip grips, jig heads, knives ect. 

Plano hard body tackle tray full of HB's.

If anyone sees anything I'd appreciate it if you let me know. I know it's a long shot and hopefully will be covered by insurance as it's all worth over 2500 bucks.

Cheers

Tara

3 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Oh Tara that is #$%^&&& man so sorry

I will post this on other pages too

Thanks MrsSwordy.

I  was pretty P*@# at 5.15am this morning.

And I was looking forward to your next report! 

There really are some oxygen thieves in this world!!! 

I hope you get it all back!

cheers scratchie!!! 

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

And I was looking forward to your next report! 

There really are some oxygen thieves in this world!!! 

I hope you get it all back!

cheers scratchie!!! 

Cheers Scratchie. 

I was looking forward to putting another one up. 

Hi Tara,

Were the photos you published recently taken with a smartphone? If so do you share your location with your camera?

The thieves might have seen your photos on fishraider and used the geo tag embedded into the photo to find out where you live. 

Suggest running a report showing all those who visited your report and providing the list to police. They might be able to narrow that list down to people who live within 20kms of you and also those who have a criminal record.

16 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Hi Tara,

Were the photos you published recently taken with a smartphone? If so do you share your location with your camera?

The thieves might have seen your photos on fishraider and used the geo tag embedded into the photo to find out where you live. 

Suggest running a report showing all those who visited your report and providing the list to police. They might be able to narrow that list down to people who live within 20kms of you and also those who have a criminal record.

I'm not sure. I'll check though. thanks for the tip. 

So sorry to hear Tara, vultures! 

I Have friends who run business's down there who Are fishos,  I'll let them know and IF these scumbags are on this site then please return back to Tara no questions asked. Berry and surrounds are still an intimate community , people talk people listen , hopefully Tara your luck will change .

Shit the bed, so sorry to hear that. I'd be devastated. I keep an eye on gumtree etc. for gear, so if I see anything fitting the bill I'll let you know, as I'm sure anyone else on here will. 

Luke, that's a really good point and one that more people should be aware of (as in, your photos containing more than just the image!). However, identifying them will only be possible if the perpetrator have an accurate profile and if Ms. and Mr. Swordy have that capability enabled through their database management system. Don't want to be a downer, but I wouldn't hedge my bets. Still, nice thinking.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. 

Cheers

Tara

SOME GREAT NEWS!!!!

Dad went for a walk over to the bloke next doors property and sitting there was my kayak and all my gear. Rod and all. Tackle bag has definitely been gone through but most things appear to be there. 

CHEERING!!!!! 

Thank you to all the raiders that were keeping an eye out for it. 

Cheers. 

26 minutes ago, Rah said:

SOME GREAT NEWS!!!!

Dad went for a walk over to the bloke next doors property and sitting there was my kayak and all my gear. Rod and all. Tackle bag has definitely been gone through but most things appear to be there. 

CHEERING!!!!! 

Thank you to all the raiders that were keeping an eye out for it. 

Cheers. 

That's fantastic news Tara.Obviously the neighbour is far from being intelligent.

Always good to hear when some one gets their belongings back as it doesn't happen often enough.

Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

That's fantastic news Tara.Obviously the neighbour is far from being intelligent.

Always good to hear when some one gets their belongings back as it doesn't happen often enough.

Cheers.

Thanks Fab. Hasn't been there the whole time. The grass wasn't dead enough. Not sure how long though. Will have to ask the neighbours next time they are moving the cows. No house there. 

So happy. Not too much gear lost to sitting in rain water thankfully. 

And now have new yak rod and extra gear. 

Gotta look on the bright side of life. Haha 

1 minute ago, Rah said:

Thanks Fab. Hasn't been there the whole time. The grass wasn't dead enough. Not sure how long though. Will have to ask the neighbours next time they are moving the cows. No house there. 

So happy. Not too much gear lost to sitting in rain water thankfully. 

And now have new yak rod and extra gear. 

Gotta look on the bright side of life. Haha 

Maybe the crook/s got a conscious and planted the stolen gear?Can't scoff at the new gear either.

Happy fishing.

Great news, so glad you've got it all back. I bet you had to double check you didn't put it the wrong house!!!

Anyway still need to be carfull.

Jon

21 minutes ago, JonD said:

Great news, so glad you've got it all back. I bet you had to double check you didn't put it the wrong house!!!

Anyway still need to be carfull.

Jon

Definitely. I invested in $100 chain. Haha

That's good news Tara, if an insurance claim was made probably best to keep it on the low down 😉. 

38 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

That's good news Tara, if an insurance claim was made probably best to keep it on the low down 😉. 

Haha. Haven't put in the paper work yet. So will put in a cancellation and hopefully get back the excess I paid already. 

Great Tara - lets hope that fishraider alerts on all social media channels worked :)

4 hours ago, swordfisherman said:

Wohoooooooooooo

:fisher::fisher:

So pleased for you Tara...can't have TOO MUCH GEAR eh? BN

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

So pleased for you Tara...can't have TOO MUCH GEAR eh? BN

That's right. Now I've got a good rod to leave at my folks place so I don't have to cart it back and forth. :) plus double the plastics and hb's. Heehee