Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirvin21

some fish after the rain

5 posts in this topic

With the rain finally settled it was time to have a crack at some fish. The water is still off colour but full of baitfish. Started off with working pylons with cranka crabs and on the second pylon the line gave a familiar twitch a quick strike and I was onto a reasonable bream

20170325_112223.jpg

a good start to the session

coupe of pylons further along the crab was smashed on the drop and took off with the current after a tussle out came a slightly better bream

20170325_110919.jpg

further along the pylons get deeper with more current switched the light crab to the heavy, put a cast right up against the pylon as it reached the bottom a fish casually picked it up and swam off, it was only when it felt the weight that I realized this was a much better fish after a nervous fight steering the fish around the pylons a solid bream came out

20170321_103626.jpg

with no more pylons to cast at it was time for a change in tactics, walk the flats casting hardbodies.

Started off with a sinking "Daiwa Yonagi" with almost immediate success

20170317_101507.jpg

After many casts with nothing else I decided to try something new. I recently bought some sinking stickbaits after a bit of trial and error the fish started coming

20170403_093533.jpg

no monsters but enough to keep me entertained

20170401_102727.jpg

just worked the stickbaits similar to a soft plastic, a few erratic twitches followed by a pause letting it sink back to the bottom, the flathead found them irresistible,

cheers for reading

Dave   

Well done Dave, you certainly know your fishing techniques. Were you outside of the Southernmost affected areas from T/C Debbie? Good pics, too. BN

Looks like a good session!

What brand/name is those stickbaits - I've never tried sinking stickbaits for bream/flathead, would love to give it a shot.

17 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well done Dave, you certainly know your fishing techniques. Were you outside of the Southernmost affected areas from T/C Debbie? Good pics, too. BN

Thanks Neil, Debbie stopped up in the Northern Rivers about 250km north of me, I feel for the poor buggers in Lismore hopefully they get back up and running again soon  

11 hours ago, macca02 said:

Looks like a good session!

What brand/name is those stickbaits - I've never tried sinking stickbaits for bream/flathead, would love to give it a shot.

The stickbaits are "Yakamito" intruder, there are plenty of different brands on the market, definitely worth a shot 

Sinking stickbaits deadly little lures been using them for a while