swordfisherman

FISHRAIDERS LAST HURRAH

94 posts in this topic

Like others have said... Wow! ....so sad. Felt like a kick in the guts when I read this but I can wholly relate to the effort Donna and Stewy have put in.  THANK YOU for carrying us all this long.  I sincerely hope you guys take that long earned break and catch more fish!

BTW, because of the standard you set this was the only site I joined, read and contributed to over the years. I wish you well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I'm devastated, I have been a member for nearly 10 years, and have gleaned so much invaluable information from this site. Stewey you and Donna should be congratulated for the stirling job you have done over the years in the face of much adversity.

Your expertise and knowledge will be sorely missed.

I wish you all the very best for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Stewey and Donna for welcoming me to this group and looking after it so well. Thanks also to everyone else who helps out with moderation and at the social events. 

Cheers

Angela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stewy & Donna, so sad to hear the news but at the same time, really happy for the both of you as I can imagine the release from the burden of managing and supporting what must be the largest online community of anglers in Australia. The community you managed to foster and grow is unprecedented and may never ever be repeated ever again. Kudos to the moderators over the years who helped as well as the many people at the forefront and in the background who made the site genuine and a place we can all come together to share our love for fishing and the great outdoors.

My kids are now taller than me and don't fish as much any more but they still remember the Botany Bay social! As a family, we are eternally grateful and feel privileged to have been part of Fishraider and wish the both of you all the best in the years ahead ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sad to see it go this site has given me so much knowledge and helped me get to where i am as a fisherman today.

as for the lack of posts been fighting chronic illness for the last 2 years in and out of hospital for the last 6 months or so fishing is a gift don't take it for granted. still try to get out as much as i can with some amazing fishing happening but just haven't found the time to post. 

thanks for everything guys and good luck in the future. 

cheers seamus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sydneyfisher12 said:

sad to see it go this site has given me so much knowledge and helped me get to where i am as a fisherman today.

as for the lack of posts been fighting chronic illness for the last 2 years in and out of hospital for the last 6 months or so fishing is a gift don't take it for granted. still try to get out as much as i can with some amazing fishing happening but just haven't found the time to post. 

thanks for everything guys and good luck in the future. 

cheers seamus 

Seamus mate. Sorry to hear that you've been crook. I always really enjoyed your posts and videos. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery and are able to get back to what you do so well. Good luck, BN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sydneyfisher12 said:

as for the lack of posts been fighting chronic illness for the last 2 years in and out of hospital

Sorry to hear mate! Get well and see you on the hairtail grounds! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Donna and Stewie for providing this resource for as long as you did.

I can only imagine how much effort was required to keep it going and it must be very hard for you both to make this decision particularly as you know how much it has meant to the members.

I hope the new found free time gives you both more opportunity to enjoy time together.

All the best to you both and the many moderators and members who have made this site by far the best fishing forum around.

Cheers

Jim

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow i only log on today and saw this just now.

I dont know what happened but was a quick ending,then I saw the other post saying now we are not closing.

Thank you for choosing to remain open !

I love this forum and the people I chat with on here and share information with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although a seldom poster I visit often and almost feel cheated that the site will be taken away from me. Thank you wholeheartedly for the short time I have been able to enjoy this fabulous and valuable resource. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, blaxland said:

Although a seldom poster I visit often and almost feel cheated that the site will be taken away from me. Thank you wholeheartedly for the short time I have been able to enjoy this fabulous and valuable resource. 

The site has been saved apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope there is something as good as FR. I'm greatful for all the posts I've read, the tips and advice I've received making me a wiser and better angler. Thanks to all all of you that have contributed, from all the administration team that have taken the time to run this site, and the members that have contributed with reports, and to all that have even read my posts. Wishing all the best to you all.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hellcorner said:

I hope there is something as good as FR. I'm greatful for all the posts I've read, the tips and advice I've received making me a wiser and better angler. Thanks to all all of you that have contributed, from all the administration team that have taken the time to run this site, and the members that have contributed with reports, and to all that have even read my posts. Wishing all the best to you all.

Rob

Hey Rob!! Fishraiders isn't closing down, it's been saved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will teach me from jumping the gun! I was reading other posts, and realised what I did, but it is great news that this site will remain open!  I enjoy seeing people catching fish, learning and mastering new skills, achieving PB's and how people mentor others. Here's to looking forward to being part of it all, one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this thread should be closed, since it has been saved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad idea... I think some readers still get alarmed when they see this for the first time...

Cheers

 

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      61,621
    • Total Posts
      492,684