mrsswordfisherman

FISHRAIDER HAS BEEN SAVED :)

95 posts in this topic

Stewy and I have just finished a meeting regarding the future of fishraider.

We are pleased to advise that we are NOT CLOSING THE SITE.

We would like to advise everybody that there will be some changes including a very modest annual membership fee. There are all sorts of other plans but the ownership and running of this forum will remain with us.

More to come and keep posting :)

Membership is now open again

Tight lines

Donna and Stewy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Donna and Stewy. 

That is great news and I'm sure the commited members of this fantastic community will be pleased to support it going forward. 

Ric. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great News.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news!

Cheers

 

Jim

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Stewy and I have just finished a meeting regarding the future of fishraider.

We are pleased to advise that we are NOT CLOSING THE SITE.

We would like to advise everybody that there will be some changes including a very modest annual membership fee. There are all sorts of other plans but the ownership and running of this forum will remain with us.

More to come and keep posting :)

Membership is now open again

Tight lines

Donna and Stewy

Donna and Stewy, good to hear that the site is not closing down, but if you start to charge an annual membership fee, no matter how 'modest', I think that you will lose a lot of your members. There are too many free options available on the web. 

Good luck and hope that everything works out for you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GordoRetired said:

Donna and Stewy, good to hear that the site is not closing down, but if you start to charge an annual membership fee, no matter how 'modest', I think that you will lose a lot of your members. There are too many free options available on the web. 

Good luck and hope that everything works out for you guys.

100% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done guys ..

but to be truthful membership fees I just don't think it will work sorry ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stephanb79 said:

Well done guys ..

but to be truthful membership fees I just don't think it will work sorry ..

Don't be too quick to jump on the button! We haven't heard everything just yet! The positive is our forum is still alive! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff.

should be some sort of reward for members who share lots of content bs members who just stalk and take information without giving any back. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scratchie said:

Don't be too quick to jump on the button! We haven't heard everything just yet! The positive is our forum is still alive! 

Lol I wasn't I just read what it said .

there will be a modest membership fee !! 

Its great that it's still alive!!!

 but with a fee I just don't think people will pay just my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear guys.In regards to people commenting on membership fees,there's a well known Qld based fishing forum that charge membership that has been around for years.They range from free membership for a basic package to having to pay for a premium package to access the entire site.Perhsps something like this would be a better option as I too have noticed with many Forums that when there's money involved people simply lose interest.

Again great to hear the news thus far.

Fabian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yippee great news

snr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are pulling on my hearstrings here, felt like a pet had passed when the word was that the site was going to close, feels like christmas when i was a kid knowing it will still continue.
Ecstatic FR still lives on, more than happy to pay an annual membership fee especially if it's modest.
I probably owe hundreds of dollars in terms of the time i've saved gathering information from this site.

I'm sure there will be a good chunk of members who will be unwilling to pay for this site, but i'm sure there will be enough on here who are willing to pay to make it worth the admin's time. 
As stated above it might be good to have a range of packages which allow varying levels of access to entice fisho's of a variety of experience levels. 
Just my two cents.

I will be posting more regularly, not taking this forum for granted anymore!

Tightlines folks
-Chris

(P.S.Now i can have somewhere to brag once i catch that meter plus jew) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stewy and Donna you guys are fantastic; thank you so much for all your great work and saving this iconic site. You have made my week 👍😀. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what ,all I can think of is HAIRTAIL LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys settle down!!!

There will be different levels of access. A membership fee will be optional and if you don't want to pay then no problem.

A few cents a week (not dollars) will entitle you to all sorts of good things. I appreciate your opinions but please give us time to sort this all out.

@GreasePit I love your comments " probably owe hundreds of dollars in terms of the time i've saved gathering information from this site"

@flatheadluke maybe we should charge by the person's post count (or lack thereof) !!!

Bring on the hairtail social :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic news! I'm more than happy to pay a small annual fee to be part of something so great.

Cheers,

Wellzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, stephanb79 said:

Well done guys ..

but to be truthful membership fees I just don't think it will work sorry ..

Considering the amount most of us put into fishing gear, I'm sure a small fee will be fine.

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Considering the amount most of us put into fishing gear, I'm sure a small fee will be fine.

Richard

True 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donna and stewy let me know if I can be in any assistance :)

 

cheers

 

ace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhhhhhhh another fantastic milestone in the FISHRAIDER history books and big thanks to all the members who have shown such faith in what we have tried to achieve.

Onwards fishos

Regards Stewy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While its good the site is set to remain open.
I will not be paying an annual fee to maintain my membership here, regardless of how modest the fee is.

As someone with a background in building and maintaining web platforms similar to this, I cannot see any rational reason for the introduction of an annual fee.

Goodluck to you, but I will not be continuing my membership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, amkr said:

While its good the site is set to remain open.
I will not be paying an annual fee to maintain my membership here, regardless of how modest the fee is.

As someone with a background in building and maintaining web platforms similar to this, I cannot see any rational reason for the introduction of an annual fee.

Goodluck to you, but I will not be continuing my membership.

Thanks for your opinion Mark. I will remove you from the membership as requested. You can take away all the happy memories and times you have enjoyed at the socials and all the information that has been provided for you about the fishing side of things.

We are just doing the best we can for our members and our community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Such good news to hear it's not closing 

thank you stewy and Donna for all your work 

I know it's not easy and your doing your best to keep the site going

Although I won't be happy, I still would pay to be a part of such a great community 

and I think we need to hear the full story on what is happening before we jump to conclusions 

 

 

 

Edited by sam bros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      61,621
    • Total Posts
      492,684