harold

Hairtail?

52 posts in this topic

Would it be too dangerous to bring the wife and a 1 and 3 year old on a houseboat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Would it be too dangerous to bring the wife and a 1 and 3 year old on a houseboat?

Sadly I would have to say yes. But on the bright side you have some great trips to look forward to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwicraig said:

Sad news, but not unexpected. Some friends of mine and I had already decided if this was the case we are still going to pick a weekend, get a houseboat and chase hairtail. I'll advise when we have a date and any Raiders wanting to join would be most welcome. The Antisocial if you will...

 

 

That's the spirit Craig...get into 'em mate. BN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwicraig said:

Sadly I would have to say yes. But on the bright side you have some great trips to look forward to.

Fair enough thanks Craig I thought as much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully I'll be doing the same thing with team scratchie! Houseboat and a lovely weekend on the hawksbo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone pm me where to hire houseboat from and il try to come too..if someone picks a date we can all plan ahead..rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Also a alternative to hiring a house boat is renting a house on the water, we have stayed at Bar point which had a private wharf and parking for two boats.

nice warm house and your boat is in the water ready to go.

Edited by jeffb5.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Also a alternative to hiring a house boat is renting a houss on the water, we have stayed at Bar point which had a private wharf and parking for two boats.

nice warm house and your boat is in the water ready to go.

@flatheadluke that would be the way for you to do it 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kiwicraig said:

@flatheadluke that would be the way for you to do it 😊

The house we rented through a friend of a friend and then through Air B&B, Had a nice big grass play area about 50mtrs wide before they got down to the shallow water, So plenty of room to play without risk and they can paddle in the shalows, throw rocks and look at little fish.

The wharf was great to sit and fish, while watching the world go by and with no cars and great people the holiday was relaxing.

It would be a great alternative if you have young kids, they will be tucked nicely into bed while your freezing for hairtail and during the day plenty of walks and outdoor things to tire them and you out.

If the weathers crap it can be a little harder as you have to pack everything and everyone into the boat to get to the houses on Bar Point but there is other locations you can reach by car,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Have fished Hawkesbury the last few weeks and it has produced some decent sized hairies. By what I see they will be more productive this year in the system just need to know spots and tide times and lots and lots of Burley :) . I can also say that you will get alot of soapie jewies and bonito ( be prepared for a decent fight ).

17903847_10155170441353480_9019612686256871918_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live 15 mins away from cowan creek, if theres a day out fishing for hairies, ill come down and join for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, ace1223 said:

Hi all,

 

Have fished Hawkesbury the last few weeks and it has produced some decent sized hairies. By what I see they will be more productive this year in the system just need to know spots and tide times and lots and lots of Burley :) . I can also say that you will get alot of soapie jewies and bonito ( be prepared for a decent fight ).

17903847_10155170441353480_9019612686256871918_n.jpg

Hi ace,

Do you know what was the length of the largest one. Maybe this year there will be more bigger ones around. They have been a bit lacking over the last couple of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, kyngfish said:

Hi ace,

Do you know what was the length of the largest one. Maybe this year there will be more bigger ones around. They have been a bit lacking over the last couple of years. 

Hey mate didn't measure but will assume smallest in that batch would have been 1.3 1.4 biggest would have been 1.6 1.7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Has an unofficial hairtail "social" been agreed and if so what would be the date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, peterbylsma said:

Hi everyone,

Has an unofficial hairtail "social" been agreed and if so what would be the date?

 my mates and I are trying to nail down a weekend. I expect to know this in the next week or two and will post our plans when we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Just a heads up. My mate in Sydney told me the fishing club he is in are organising one for the weekend of 30 June, 1 & 2 July.

Maybe one to avoid. Not sure how many boats or if they have already hired anyway as yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kyngfish said:

Hi,

Just a heads up. My mate in Sydney told me the fishing club he is in are organising one for the weekend of 30 June, 1 & 2 July.

Maybe one to avoid. Not sure how many boats or if they have already hired anyway as yet.

The club I'm in is also doing an overnight, 17th-18th of June.

Cheers,

Wellzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be really keen to have a go, never targeted hairtail but can brave the cold to have a go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends and I  have booked a house boat for 7-9 July. Anyone keen for an Antisocial pm me and we can see if we can meet up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come there was no social this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, locodave said:

How come there was no social this year?

Well Dave the social costs us a lot of money. The large houseboat we get as the mothership, the catering over the weekend and the breakfast on Sunday costs a couple of grand. As much as we love the event and seeing raiders we simply can't afford to pay for this from our pockets. 

We hope raiders will go and get some hairtail and post reports for us all to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gwandalan fishing club going to have a hairtail night next sat night down jerusalem bay, any other keen (or silly) anglers who would like to join us are more than welcome.Cheers Laurie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, THE SWEENEY said:

Gwandalan fishing club going to have a hairtail night next sat night down jerusalem bay, any other keen (or silly) anglers who would like to join us are more than welcome.Cheers Laurie. 

Sounds good Laurie might talk to swordie and get down there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2017 at 11:28 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Sounds good Laurie might talk to swordie and get down there

Standby for reports of hairtail. Laurie and the Gwandalan fishing club will be there. Swordie has gone out also for the evening. Watch for a post in fishing reports or get down there to J Bay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      61,644
    • Total Posts
      492,930