34 posts in this topic

Anyone heard any news of tuna off sydney yet? Looks like some good water south east of botany bay but quite a far way offshore. Heard from some facebook pages that longliners have been getting some good fin around the 2000fathom line near Bermi. I'm down in Melbourne for the next few months so want to be sure before flying up to go for a fish.

Cheers

Infos pretty tight on this section lol

The Bermi yellowfin tournament is next week, will be interesting to see how it goes.

I was thinking about trolling some lures around wide off shell harbour on monday? Has anyone seen or heard of anything in the area?

went trolling yesterday left botany went to southern canyons trolled to browns then heatons and back to botany for zip good water inside heatons and southern canyons but nothing happening  cheers gary

Unlucky. Went off shell harbour for some flatties and a few snapper 

Seems to be the odd fish south of Bermi but they are few and far between.

Longliners have got a couple of decent ones in the mix.

I believe there were a heap of boats fishing down there on the weekend but i only saw reports of two fish by the rec guys

The recent Canberra Tuna comp saw one alby landed in admittedly bad weather. Mid June and basically nothing on the YFT front off Sydney when once, by March, they were regular catches on the inshore reefs.

Cheers

Rob

There are still Marlin to be had at Bermi. The tuna run is still to come i think though i fear the big yellowfin runs of years gone by are well and truly over :(

Yes might plan a bermi trip late august. Maybe the ocean currents are late this year. 

Just got a text from a mate of mine he went out on the weekend he got a 70kg yellow fin SE of browns

dogbox

Bluefin madness down here at the moment, the good news is they are in quite close out from Bermi. Check out Bermi bate and tackle, I'm sure they will be posting from today.

Are the yellow fin and albys mixed in?

As mentioned  Bluefin going off at Bermi, boat yesterday had a 5 way hookup. Fish schooling around boats today, most in 25kg range. Yellowfin caught the other day went 68kg off Sydney. 

anyone thinking of heading out this weekend? flying up to sydney friday night to fish saturday and sunday for toona!

On a side not.. Whats everyone using for their water temp? ripcharts of fishtrack? been using fishtrack for a while but it doesnt seem as good as ripcharts when I used it a few years ago.  Is it worth getting the premium subscription or just the standard?

Dont get ya knixkers in a knot,  1yellowfin caught today nothing special.

norah canyons  20.6 dgs..no bait..no fish.......rick

All quiet to the south again:(

looks like the cool water is being pushed way back down south. No chances of a bluefin sydney way but maybe still a yellowfin. Has anyone heard anything?

Looking like a missed season for most on the bluefin im afraid. On the upside it might mean an early marlin season

Bluefin were caught in 500 faths due east of bait station on Sat. Reported 60 to 100+kg

46 minutes ago, letsgocrabbing said:

Bluefin were caught in 500 faths due east of bait station on Sat. Reported 60 to 100+kg

Yep def happened was listening in to the action on 21. Unfortunately for me i was fishing alone, had no game gear on board and because I was just fishing inshore only had half a tank of fuel . Sounded like a hot bite for about 2 hours , the guy who found them was good enough to call boats in - so well done to him!

Where is the bait station out of curiosity??

The bait station is the area just inside the shelf north of the 12 mile- its not a spot as such but a general area where we get a bit of bait at times. Personally pulled more striped marlin out of their than anywhere else off Sydney- so its an area I like to work

Any chance of the marks through a pm would be appreciated