JonD

Drummoyne Ramp

21 posts in this topic

Just a heads up on more thieving going on at the ramp. A member of the fishing club I used to be in while living in Sydney returned to the ramp over the weekend to find his twin axel trailer stripped. All rollers and brackets, winch and post, numberplate and lights ( including wiring) all gone. Not really the way you hope to end a day on the water, if anyone saw anything please let me know so I can pass the info on.

Posted (edited)

Here is the result

19554767_1911492542443443_6033212786951765818_n.jpg

All I can say is if we are capable we need to be involved when we see wrong doing.You cant tell me nobody saw a thing.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

Such a low act

That is the last thing you want after a day out

Hopefully they are found and prosecuted 

Some people are just stupid. 

What are they going to do with one stolen number plate?

Hope these losers get what they deserve.....hate people like them!!

That's sad, I hope you get the a##h###s that did this despicable act!

Ive had my landcruiser broken into and cleaned out of everything worth stealing but never had trailer bits stolen.

im going to weld all removeable parts in position after reading this.

once they fit the boat they don't need adjusting again anyway.

How did that happen unnoticed?

some people are so thick hope the guy gets caught !

1 hour ago, raging said:

How did that happen unnoticed?

I've popped my boat in the water several times to work on my trailer, I think most people just think you are working on your own trailer. If there were a couple of blokes I'm sure they could get the job done quite quickly.

Fair call 

If I ever see anyone removing rollers n winchposts and not puting them back on I'm getting their rego number n ringing the police!

I'm still amazed how they managed to strip the trailer without anyone even suspecting some foul play at work... i mean i know that ramp gets really busy as you have everyone and their dog launching there, not to mention all the general foot traffic with exercisers etc frequenting that location.  By the photo to, the trailer was stripped right in front of the ramps... it wasn't even a trailer that was parked in the corner out of the way behind bushes with minimal eyes on etc. These thieves literally had zero f&%#$ to give, certainly makes me nervous about parking my trailer at any ramp. 

13 hours ago, Trailcraft43 said:

That's sad, I hope you get the a##h###s that did this despicable act!

Ive had my landcruiser broken into and cleaned out of everything worth stealing but never had trailer bits stolen.

im going to weld all removeable parts in position after reading this.

once they fit the boat they don't need adjusting again anyway.

Make sure you treat the welds to prevent rust.

6 hours ago, Trailcraft43 said:

If I ever see anyone removing rollers n winchposts and not puting them back on I'm getting their rego number n ringing the police!

More people should do this.

5 hours ago, Ojay Samson said:

I'm still amazed how they managed to strip the trailer without anyone even suspecting some foul play at work... i mean i know that ramp gets really busy as you have everyone and their dog launching there, not to mention all the general foot traffic with exercisers etc frequenting that location.  By the photo to, the trailer was stripped right in front of the ramps... it wasn't even a trailer that was parked in the corner out of the way behind bushes with minimal eyes on etc. These thieves literally had zero f&%#$ to give, certainly makes me nervous about parking my trailer at any ramp. 

We all should be nervous mate.

10 hours ago, JonD said:

I've popped my boat in the water several times to work on my trailer, I think most people just think you are working on your own trailer. If there were a couple of blokes I'm sure they could get the job done quite quickly.

If I saw you or anyone else working on your/their trailer I'd go over to you and ask what your doing taking note of your description,boat,trailer and rego numbers just in case.If we all took the few minutes to do this I believe that many of these thefts could be prevented or at least minimised.

I fish solo. So what do you do when you get back and see the trailer like this? What's the best plan. Sure a shop and the like sell rollers - but where would you get a winch post on a weekend ?

52 minutes ago, raging said:

I fish solo. So what do you do when you get back and see the trailer like this? What's the best plan. Sure a shop and the like sell rollers - but where would you get a winch post on a weekend ?

You borrow a trailer or hire a flat bed tow truck.

Do boat shops have trailers for hire ?

mate had similar happen  went an got mates to pik up some old tyres and tied them to trailer  sunk it then floated boat on and tied it down...got him home...rick

Sounds like I need more resourceful mates 

2 hours ago, raging said:

Sounds like I need more resourceful mates 

I know a guy

Will insurance companies have access to spare trailers?

How do you get a boat onto a flatbed tow truck without damaging the hull?

Posted (edited)

I was going to sell my brand new trailer and old  Stebbercraft cheap but I might just sell the hull now and keep the brand new trailer and make it into an emergency replacement in case some grub steals my trailcraft trailer.

or a friend gets into drama with theirs being stolen.

IMG_0972.JPG

The trailer hasn't even been in the water since I built it.

The only water its seen is rain. 

Edited by Trailcraft43

9 hours ago, raging said:

I've read the water police will help you out storing the boat at their base for a little while.