pompom

Sydney and Norah head

I've just moved over from London and have started fishing the harbour, fished a couple of weeks ago  on the jetty at Clifton gardens ,two rods out on sliders with livebait and my spinning rod catching bait 

after an hour missed a take on one of the live baits , on inspection just one small puncture wound on the  bait but something definitely had hold of it as it took line on a run 

then about 11am had another hit , this one was hooked and landed what I believed is a tailor 

apart from a flathead and a flounder that was it for the day and I packed up about one 

Fished again this Monday evening  on a beach north of Norah head 

had squid , prawns and salted pilchards 

first cast small flathead then three port Jackson sharks on whole squid , also had a fiddler ray, two small stingers ,three tailor and a 2kg bream which took a 6/0 circle hook, all fish returned .still getting used to measuring fish as we weighed everything in the uk 

fishing is a bit different over here to my usual carp and beach back home , but I'm here now full time so I better get used to it lol waiting for my first king and jewie 

IMG_6904.JPG

IMG_6905.JPG

IMG_7004.JPG

IMG_7014.JPG

IMG_7015.JPG

A 2kg bream! Great catch. Good on you for letting him go but you missed out on a good meal there.

I'm a little bit lazy so I release 99% of fish I catch ,would rather let them go than leave them in the fridge and end up giving the neighbors cat a dinner 

however I do have a John Dory on my wanted list and if I get one it might come home with me 

Good stuff mate

they would of put up a good struggle

you're doing a pretty good job of getting to know the local wildlife :) and, of course, you must have noticed, if you do get homesick, there is no shortage of carp in Australia .....

That's a solid tailor for the harbour and a horse bream there mate.  Looks like u are adapting to the local styles very well! Nice work 

Welcome to Oz and Fishraider pompom. Seems that you're not finding the fishing too difficult here mate. It's a great place to be and the fishing opportunities at the coast are almost limitless. Cheers, BN

Let me know if you want to try some of the other beaches on the coast. I live near Norah head myself. 

Will do mate , thinking about Saturday night at cabbage tree , but not 100% sure as of yet 

Nice catches mate! Good on you for the release as well.