Brew

Bonnies and Tailor - Barrenjoey

35 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Just a quick heads up to those who fish Pittwater/Hawkesbury. 

The bonnies and tailor are around in decent numbers between Barrenjoey and West Head. 

Had heaps of fun today however the swell is nasty so be careful. 

Look for the birds. Good luck.

IMG_1896.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the heads up,

nice bonnies, how big were they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You trolling lures by any chance for these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Regan said:

thanks for the heads up,

nice bonnies, how big were they?

The tailor in the photo was 40 so just above that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Stanton44 said:

You trolling lures by any chance for these?

Yes, had an xrap out in pink that got bitten off straight away. Just used the one rod after that due to being solo and the swell. Halco Laser pro white head did all the damage. 

Caught about 15 Bonnies and 5 tailor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How good are the halcos. They would be my Lure of choice for Bonnies. 

Thats a solid catch! I'd love to be out reeling them in rather than work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice....!!  I'm scheduled to be there Saturday.... hope they hang around ! ... Cheers Zoran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stanton44 said:

How good are the halcos. They would be my Lure of choice for Bonnies. 

Thats a solid catch! I'd love to be out reeling them in rather than work

Halcos are the best. I've caught everything from GTs to Coral Trout to Cobias to Black Jewfish up north on them. Never fail. Lost too many to those bloody baracudas in recent months. My recent report on the Mako was a Halco too. 

And no, I'm not a shareholder - wish I was!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice....!!  I'm scheduled to be there Saturday.... hope they hang around ! ... Cheers Zoran

Good luck. Hope the wind drops for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Brew said:

Halcos are the best. I've caught everything from GTs to Coral Trout to Cobias to Black Jewfish up north on them. Never fail. Lost too many to those bloody baracudas in recent months. My recent report on the Mako was a Halco too. 

And no, I'm not a shareholder - wish I was!!

Haha awesome I'll look it up! Na that's it tho.. when something works why change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We found the schools off Terrigal the afternoon also, we could have bagged out on bonito. Jigged a couple of wrecks and couldn't get past the pesty barracoutta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they're at Tuggerah reef / the entrance bommies yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brew said:

The tailor in the photo was 40 so just above that. 

nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

u use these???

halco lure.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report Brew.

Hopefully they stick around and I can get my young bloke onto a few Sunday morning.

Cheers 

Peter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Regan said:

u use these???

halco lure.PNG

Yep, that's the one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brew said:

Yep, that's the one. 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

I wonder if they're at Tuggerah reef / the entrance bommies yet?

Should be mate, we were finding big Schools of bait and birds in close to Winney, we went out to the 50 meter mark and there was scattered bait balls everywhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrone07 said:

Should be mate, we were finding big Schools of bait and birds in close to Winney, we went out to the 50 meter mark and there was scattered bait balls everywhere 

Oh good I might have a flick at Winney and Tuggerah reef. Best Bonito spots on the coast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome catch mate great to see these fish heading back for the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Oh good I might have a flick at Winney and Tuggerah reef. Best Bonito spots on the coast!

Kings were absent at all spots we found them a few weeks ago so not sure where they have gone, Tuggerah Reef that in close?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrone07 said:

Kings were absent at all spots we found them a few weeks ago so not sure where they have gone, Tuggerah Reef that in close?

3 miles offshore it’s listed on navionics as Tuggerah reef. Go out this Sunday morning and look for the big group of boats

151.32.19 E

33.21.38 S

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

3 miles offshore it’s listed on navionics as Tuggerah reef. Go out this Sunday morning and look for the big group of boats

151.32.19 E

33.21.38 S

 

 

Haha anywhere you go on the wkend there's a big group of boats, even bigger groups at the ramps that have no idea what they are doing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrone07 said:

Haha anywhere you go on the wkend there's a big group of boats, even bigger groups at the ramps that have no idea what they are doing 

Absolutely- even a few that don’t know how to get a boat on a boat catch without slamming the prop on the concrete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2017 at 9:27 AM, zmk1962 said:

Nice....!!  I'm scheduled to be there Saturday.... hope they hang around ! ... Cheers Zoran

Hey Zoran,

Did you get out there? Are they still around?

Anyone else do Barrenjoey on the weekend?

I'm taking two guys out tomorrow who don't fish much so would love to know if anyone got any this weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      61,623
    • Total Posts
      492,727