NBFisho

Soft Plastic Scent

9 posts in this topic

Gday Raiders,

I've always been sceptical about putting scent on SP's. I always thought the action, retrieve and rod tip movement did the job. I have heaps of tubes of Scent and was wondering if I should give it a try.

What's everyone's thoughts on the subject?

Cheers Mark. 

I keep all my soft plastics in a scented bag. Can't remember exactly what is was I filled the bag with, all I know is that I've never had any issues with it breaking down the plastic, and oh boy do they smell. I feel like doing that is much easier than applying scent from a tube every half an hour, and I can't really think of a downside for it.

I use scent, I have found it makes some difference when using a slow retrieve or pause especially with fish like bream,  when I'm spinning for fish like trevally I don't bother as it doesn't seem to make a difference

Scent won't change a day when the fish are really chewing but on a tough day it can be the difference between a fish and a doughnut 

I use S Factor.

My first fish ever caught on SP was after 3 hours of flicking without a touch... Then I added scent to the SP and landed a legal flathead a few casts later working the same ground.

Cheers,

Wellzy

23 hours ago, Aardvarking said:

I keep all my soft plastics in a scented bag. Can't remember exactly what is was I filled the bag with, all I know is that I've never had any issues with it breaking down the plastic, and oh boy do they smell. I feel like doing that is much easier than applying scent from a tube every half an hour, and I can't really think of a downside for it.

Thx Aardvarking, that's a damn good way to go about it. @Weelzy and Dirvin thanks also for your imput, Guess ill be using some Sfactor tomorrow.

Cheers Mark.

i use procure all the time. there are heaps of differnt sents of procure you can get eg. mullet, pilchard, blood worm, etc.

the best scent i have used

ok what about fresh water? would you need the same scents as salt water?? or different??

10 minutes ago, marks1984 said:

ok what about fresh water? would you need the same scents as salt water?? or different??

I haven't tested scents on any lure fishing in fresh water, might give it a crack and find out!

Cheers,

Wellzy

1 hour ago, Wellzy94 said:

I haven't tested scents on any lure fishing in fresh water, might give it a crack and find out!

Cheers,

Wellzy

Your in a good local for both Salt/Fresh Ill have to give it a crack in Manly Dam just out of damn curiosity now..lol