GoingFishing

Light install for deck

4 posts in this topic

Hi All

i would like to install a light on my deck, can i hook onto the circuit for the at anchor light (they will be on at the same time) or should i run a separate circuit? 

Edited by GoingFishing

17 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Hi All

i would like to install a light on my deck, can i hook onto the circuit for the at anchor light (they will be on at the same time) or should i run a separate circuit? 

Hi Mate, 

You could hook it onto the anchor light but you are better off with a separate circuit. Sometimes if you fish at nights whereby your anchor light should  be "ON", you won't want your deck lights on all the time.

I installed led lights under the gunwhales around the whole deck and its on a separate switch. When we fish at nights, we switch the deck lights off unless we need to tie up hooks or do something on the boat but most of the time when we are just relaxing and waiting for a bite, the deck lights are off.

What sigma said, there will be times where you'll want the deck lights off and anchor light on

Thanks for the feedback

what if i hook up to existing circuit and install light with an "on/off" switch on the actual light fitting?

what i am essentially trying to avoid is pulling the boat apart to run a whole new circuit

the anchor light and deck light would be stacked ontop of each other