Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PRED-ATOR

QLD/Noth-Mid NSW Beaches you can drive on

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Picked up the new 4X4 last weekend and itching to do some sand driving/fishing. Do you guys know any beaches QLD/Noth-Mid NSW Beaches you can drive on (other than moreton/fraser).

Thanks guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G'day mate.

You can drive on the Tweed Beaches, but you need a permit.

The closest free beach to drive on is South Ballina. You can get there by taking the Burns Point Road Ferry across the river. It's a lot quicker than driving down to Wardell & cutting back in. The holiday park there is huge & good fun. I go camping there at least once a year.Great fishing down that way. The Sth Ballina wall is famous for it's size & numbers of jew. The beach itself has more pipis than you can poke a stick at. Watch for the birds we call 'pipi eaters' & have a go where they are feeding. There are gutters everywhere & at the moment it's producing big whiting, tailor, bream, flatties, tarwhine & dart. Always a chance of a jew as well.

You can drive right down to Evans Head along the beach. You need a low tide to cross the coffee rock section a couple of clicks north of Evans. Don't get me started on how good the fishing is in Evans itself!

 

Edited by Jewhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 9:23 AM, PRED-ATOR said:

Hi Guys,

Picked up the new 4X4 last weekend and itching to do some sand driving/fishing. Do you guys know any beaches QLD/Noth-Mid NSW Beaches you can drive on (other than moreton/fraser).

Thanks guys 

What 4X4 did you get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jewhunter said:

G'day mate.

You can drive on the Tweed Beaches, but you need a permit.

The closest free beach to drive on is South Ballina. You can get there by taking the Burns Point Road Ferry across the river. It's a lot quicker than driving down to Wardell & cutting back in. The holiday park there is huge & good fun. I go camping there at least once a year.Great fishing down that way. The Sth Ballina wall is famous for it's size & numbers of jew. The beach itself has more pipis than you can poke a stick at. Watch for the birds we call 'pipi eaters' & have a go where they are feeding. There are gutters everywhere & at the moment it's producing big whiting, tailor, bream, flatties, tarwhine & dart. Always a chance of a jew as well.

You can drive right down to Evans Head along the beach. You need a low tide to cross the coffee rock section a couple of clicks north of Evans. Don't get me started on how good the fishing is in Evans itself!

 

Thanks Jew Hunter, 

Evans head sounds interesting, i dont think im confident enough to hit that beach yet though. Any beaches you are aware of that i can drive straight onto (no ferries etc.)

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 

23032514_10155658787125993_5242866932508263246_n.jpg

23415256_10155674485970993_5984508618716698464_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate. You'll easily do that beach! The car ferry is $5 & takes about 5 mins!! It cuts straight over the Richmond River. You have about 20kms of beach to drive on before you get anywhere near the coffee rocks if you go in at Sth Ballina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice mate thanks for that info.

 

Cheers, Stan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Stan

when you make your way down here (the whole month of January I'm off work) there are plenty of beaches to drive on with easy access

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Hey Stan

when you make your way down here (the whole month of January I'm off work) there are plenty of beaches to drive on with easy access

 

Dave

Sounds good Dave :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      61,630
    • Total Posts
      492,814