MerryFisher

Trolling lures

14 posts in this topic

Went trolling for some game species yesterday around browns mountain using two skirted lures and two deep diver lures. The weather was fantastic, however there’s no fish to be found in the four hours I trolled. On the way back to Sydney I noticed a lot of baitfish just out from Randwick, so I thought I’ll give it one more go trolling lures. The result was an instant hit on the two skirted lures first. I was a bit close to the rocks at that time, so I steered the boat away from the cliff and a few seconds later one of the deep divers got hit as well. I kept the boat going slowly away from the cliff and started to bring in the fish from the closet lure first. Few minutes later landed all three kings of which one is a keeper. So called it a day and made some king fish sashimi for dinner.

AD708CB1-CD75-4994-AF5D-5B670C32B078.jpeg

nice few kings there mate

great job

Good job funny how fishing works

Nice work mate

What skirt did the damage?

Nice catch mate. I always keep saying to myself that it only takes one good bite to turn a crap day into a good one. 

Think we seen you ? , we got out there  early ideal conditions birds everywhere ,bait jumping around water  looked good temp a bit cool bit hit 21.8 and only  picked up a couple  of skippys :(

4 hours ago, luvbigfish said:

Think we seen you ? , we got out there  early ideal conditions birds everywhere ,bait jumping around water  looked good temp a bit cool bit hit 21.8 and only  picked up a couple  of skippys :(

If that's the boat you saw then it was me:D

0239.jpg

were you solo and at north head in the arvo  ? This was me 🤔

Screenshot_20171113-170001.png

Yep confirmed sighting:Pthat was me, I recognise your boat

Sweet 🖒 think  it will pick up outwide when the water currents come , good luck in the future 😉