• Announcements

    • mrsswordfisherman

      NEW LIKE BUTTON   12/27/2017

      All posts now have a few reaction buttons Go ahead and like, hahaha, sad, confused etc on posts please ensure you keep posting and NOT just liking Enjoy!!
rickmarlin62

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG NEIL

Recommended Posts

Thank you all for your very kind words. I've had a great day. Early morning phone calls from the kids and grandkids set the mood for the day. Took one of the granddaughters to Griffith for a hairdressing appointment. 2.5 hrs she was in there. I had planned to visit the Regional Art Gallery but it was closed. Bumped into a few characters who I know so the time went by quickly. Lunchtime when Sam finally emerged, looking all beautiful. Not sure she was impressed when I said that she could have had open heart surgery in about the same time... any way she shouted me some lunch and bought me a present. Didn't manage to wet a line but not overly concerned as I've caught 27 Cod in the last 3 outings. No keepers but they were all released and will no doubt grow into fine specimens, down the track. bnIMG_9348rs.jpg.50ab0f64837a5c060b085c765874d41e.jpgIMG_9367rs.jpg.5745f5ce6c7fdb029d039669dca33cf5.jpgIMG_9350rs.jpg.fdb1d87efc59d548407780956c1552ba.jpgIMG_9349rs.jpg.c67c3a6a30d95cfcff1a6dc6560b3aac.jpgIMG_9357rs.jpg.4df187176738c6ec023478ab979b1124.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2018 at 11:14 PM, big Neil said:

Thank you all for your very kind words. I've had a great day. Early morning phone calls from the kids and grandkids set the mood for the day. Took one of the granddaughters to Griffith for a hairdressing appointment. 2.5 hrs she was in there. I had planned to visit the Regional Art Gallery but it was closed. Bumped into a few characters who I know so the time went by quickly. Lunchtime when Sam finally emerged, looking all beautiful. Not sure she was impressed when I said that she could have had open heart surgery in about the same time... any way she shouted me some lunch and bought me a present. Didn't manage to wet a line but not overly concerned as I've caught 27 Cod in the last 3 outings. No keepers but they were all released and will no doubt grow into fine specimens, down the track. bnIMG_9348rs.jpg.50ab0f64837a5c060b085c765874d41e.jpgIMG_9367rs.jpg.5745f5ce6c7fdb029d039669dca33cf5.jpgIMG_9350rs.jpg.fdb1d87efc59d548407780956c1552ba.jpgIMG_9349rs.jpg.c67c3a6a30d95cfcff1a6dc6560b3aac.jpgIMG_9357rs.jpg.4df187176738c6ec023478ab979b1124.jpg

Those shrimp look to good for bait big fella.... How are they on the plate? Oh and happy belated birthday mate 

Edited by Omally
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Omally said:

Those shrimp look to good for bait big fella.... How are they on the plate? Oh and happy belated birthday mate 

Yeh shrimps and yabbies taste pretty good boiled in salty water...you need an awful lot of them though. I'm really flattered at so many birthday wishes. I really had a great day. Fishing tomorrow, methinks. Cheers, bn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top stuff... Sorry mate really interested in those shrimp lol do they taste like prawns? What sort of net you catch em in as I do have some I think they are opera house ones? But I think they are more for yabbies which is OK by me to mmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Omally said:

Top stuff... Sorry mate really interested in those shrimp lol do they taste like prawns? What sort of net you catch em in as I do have some I think they are opera house ones? But I think they are more for yabbies which is OK by me to mmmmm

G'day Omally. They taste like freshwater shrimps. I can't be bothered eating them or yabbies when they make such great bait.

You can buy shrimp nets from your local tackle store or Big W for about $ 8 -10. There's a pocket in them for the "bait". You can use soap or cheese or dog biscuits. All of these work well!. You will need to tie an additional length of string to them as sometimes the water may be 10 ft down a steep bank. Place them in slow /still current near to weeds or grassy edges and leave for a few hours. You are only allowed 1 per person in NSW. When you get some shrimps hook them through the tail as shown in the picture. They are best fished on a paternoster rig as they will dig into the mud if they can. They can also be put in those sealable sandwich bags and kept in the freezer. Shrimps and yabbies are only available during periods where the water is warm, they hibernate from about late April to September. Hope this helps, bn

Edited by big Neil
additional information
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      62,261
    • Total Posts
      499,235