Hacking 9Th July, Smoking

Basil D

Plan was to go to Botany for fishing session, after reading Vandals report on the Hacking Squid we decided thats were we are Going.

Got up 7am and went back to bed, I thought whats the Hurry, low tide at miday anyway.

Got up again at 9am and headed off to get Pillies and Banana Prawns and Christo (spinner7)got lunch, drinks and snacks ready.

we Headed out 12noon, got to the ramp at wallys warf 1pm and went staright to Jibbon point for a trawl, was too rough and came back in and headed to a spot were me and adjusted pete went last time and the Trevs were on only too small, was there for twenty min when we see the water boiling, went after them but they just took off.

we looked around for a another spot and found one thinking maybe, it looks Ok, we anchored and let out rope to get close to some wash and started the burghley trail, I put out a pillie on a Squid spike and came up with a nice squid instantly, nice we thought, we dropped another 2 Squid,

Then I caught a nice Bream on 8lb line with a Bannana Prawn, Before we knew it it was on, 5 Bream, six Trevs, 4 rock cods (poore man lobstar) and 2 40cm smoking Drummer that took 5 minutes each to bring in on the 8lb line with the reel screaming, and between all this, at least 15 bust off and re riging.

Then Christo is onto a nice fish with 15lb line and this fish went, left, right, straight, left, down, right for about 15minutes then pin :mad3: , gone, he nearly threw my rod in, Little you know what :074:

I then caught, two Samon, both did the Dance and the back flips and spat the hook :tease: FUN FUN FUN.

Then I caught somthing Big, felt like dead weight fighting this thing for a good 15 min again on the 8 lb line and Brought him in, a nice Port Jackson Shark, look like his been hooked before, Gladly removed both hooks from his mouth, a couple of happy snapps and off he goes, and off we go well, so much for the Squid sesion, was to buggered for a squid afterwards :yahoo::yahoo:

Lots of happy snapps.

Forgot about the photo of the Bream, just Loaded it up at 4.15pm, three of those Bream were all 34/35cm

post-8352-127871743042_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871744409_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871745421_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871746857_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871748065_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871749549_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871750736_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127871752048_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127874276518_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Nice session of odds and sods Basil :thumbup: with that mixture you got hold of it sounds like you were fishing in a bottomless pit. I like your chocolate coated version of a Port Hacking jewfish, it must have been the possibility of catching a chocolate coated jewfish that attracted you to fish in a bottomless pit in the first place :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nice catch.

What sort of fish is that above the squid on the brag mat?

Marty

Not sure of the name, I call them red rock cod but every one calls them poor mans lobster, when you steam them they have a crab/Lobster like flavour :thumbup:

Nice session of odds and sods Basil :thumbup: with that mixture you got hold of it sounds like you were fishing in a bottomless pit. I like your chocolate coated version of a Port Hacking jewfish, it must have been the possibility of catching a chocolate coated jewfish that attracted you to fish in a bottomless pit in the first place :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Byron,Actually I was fishing in 18 foot of water, sound familiar :thumbup:

well what can i say another great catch Basile good to get out if you can handle the cold and i see a few bream there as well they are hanging around a bit longer than i thought. what did you do with that shark ?

Gave it a big Smootch and let it go :074::074::074:

nice work basil - sounds like a very lively session for the middle of winter.

pete

Thanks Pete.

PS, Im up for another Jewie sesh, in my Boat if you like and by the way, I have a butane heater on Board now, it swtches of when tilted so its safe :thumbup: