Things to bring with you on Soft Plastics Day

mrsswordfisherman

Just a reminder to bring a few things with you on Saturday 21st May 2016
---- a chair (if you don't want to stand when listening to your instructor)
---- a hat (fishraider one if you have one), sunglasses, sunscreen
---- wear covered in shoes and bring a wet weather jacket if needed
---- rod and reel if you have one, 1 to 3 kg with braid for casting soft plastics and light lures

FISHRAIDER MERCHANDISE will be available to buy (cash only) for fr hats and beanies (all $10) and some new boat stickers .... bring your :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:

The day will start at 8am - please be on time. MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKET ($7 at the machine or the man if the entry station is manned) THESE MACHINES DO NOT ACCEPT NOTES, USE COINS OR CREDIT CARDS

Follow the sign that says CARS and the area we will be using is called Burrawang Reach, watch out for the fishraider banner

If you have a boat, follow the sign that says BOAT ONLY and launch at the ramp and bring it around to the beach (see pics below)

Please present yourself to mrsswordfisherman on arrival to register and be sent to your instructor

The sessions will be followed by a lunch break and then hands on (landbased or on boats)

There will be a sausage sizzle and tea and coffee and soft drinks will be provided by fishraider

We have some giveaways and some prizes - more about that later

Be prepared for an interesting and fun day meeting all your raider friends

Remember you are representing fishraider and the fishing community in general
All cars need to display a park permit $7 or your annual ticket if you have one
Take any rubbish away with you or place in the bins provided

IMGP5017.jpg

P1000402.jpg

P1000410.jpg

P1000418.jpg

P1000407.jpg

P1000419.jpg

P1000421.jpg

P1000423.jpg

P1000424.jpg

• 2 years later...

You do not have to buy anything Stu as we will have plenty of stuff to play with........some just like to bring their favourite tackle or plastics.

Ok that will take out the guess work mate, thanks for that and I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you all in person, cheers.........Stu

I have been looking at rod and reel combo's all day and also checking out braided line and the SP's. Firstly I need a mid size rod like a 7ft allrounder with a nice reel with braid, however there seems to be different types of braid and trying to convert pounds to kilo's and all that is very confusing. Of course the rods I like are expensive but did see a nice Diawa combo online at BCF at a reasonable price. On this SP's day will anybody there like to have a chat to me about braided line pro's and cons and how to tie on hard plastics which I have I the garage brand new. If the day is going to be to busy for that maybe one of the Macarthur area guys could help me out, cheers..............stu

I have been looking at rod and reel combo's all day and also checking out braided line and the SP's. Firstly I need a mid size rod like a 7ft allrounder with a nice reel with braid, however there seems to be different types of braid and trying to convert pounds to kilo's and all that is very confusing. Of course the rods I like are expensive but did see a nice Diawa combo online at BCF at a reasonable price. On this SP's day will anybody there like to have a chat to me about braided line pro's and cons and how to tie on hard plastics which I have I the garage brand new. If the day is going to be to busy for that maybe one of the Macarthur area guys could help me out, cheers..............stu

Stu, that and more will be covered on the day. I'm sure the tutors will be happy to explain all the equipment required to get you started from choosing rods, reels and lines to tying terminal (lure) and leader knots. Also if you still find that you have more questions on the day, I'll be happy to help you out.

Stu, that and more will be covered on the day. I'm sure the tutors will be happy to explain all the equipment required to get you started from choosing rods, reels and lines to tying terminal (lure) and leader knots. Also if you still find that you have more questions on the day, I'll be happy to help you out.

Thankyou very much I love how everyone is so happy to help others out here, I'm glad I found and joined fishraiders. I actually met my first fishraider member face to face this afternoon at a well known tackle shop in Campbelltown and even before he knew I was a fellow member he was unleashing a wealth of knowledge onto me, so much that I forgot why I was there,lol I won't name him but he can reply if he wants but a BIG thankyou from me and yes I'm looking at my options,cheers.................stu

Edited by Stunami

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have a fishing tackle sponsor that will be selling gear there?

I don't have a 1-3kg Rod but would like to buy a mid entry point rod/reel and braid either before or on the day to learn.

Hi Stu,

I am bringing the boat and a can bring a couple of spare suitable outfits, if you need a coach or helper.

Know the moons to picnic point very well.

Chris

I hope you mean me cos' I definitely need a mentor, however I have done my homework and research and have bought myself a nice outfit to get me started, never been to the moon yet,lol

I will be bringing two or three fly rods guys. Make sure you got a hat and sunnies for fly casting! I'll have flies etc.

Thanks Royce and maybe for the tuition a fly with the hook removed.

Regards Stew

Anyone who wants to bring their boat may do so as there will be fishing with your new found skills afterwards

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder all of the things to bring.

Hat and Sunnies and sunscreen and a chair.

Going to be favourable weather tomorrow and looks to be a great day for our social :sun::sun::sun:

Cya all at 8am