DIY squid jig!

gianniz

I've been wondering this lately, what house hold items can be turned into a lure? I know kitchen tea spoons with a hook drilled into them work, as do ring spanners for jigging kings, also I heard the guy who Sussed out whiting on lures used the clear hexagonal body of a biro pen to imitate a prawn, what other lures are lurking around our houses!??

Well done stevefish.

Apart from the wrong straw and garbage scissors, my eyesight and sausage fingers let me down. Haha

I've heard of using a spoon as a lure, but not knives.

I reckon a butter knife blade could make a good blade lure, likewise the handle as a metal slice.

I looked at a squashed beer lid on the road and saw a vibe, you have to crush the lid onto a split shot then do the hardware. It could be done but I gave up on making blades that way.

I caught a rat king on a silicone tube nozzle with a skirt attached, that gave me confidence and it also had a baby black marlin hit it. That one worked better than expected.

A successful NZ captains most successful lure was his " Kodak killer" made out a film canister, look it up kids, with skirts attached.

You can place a small piece of drinking straw over a hook and troll it for salmon.

Beer can teasers.

Spoons

Surely you can make a knife jig out of a . . .