2nd And 3rd Bass

mottyman

Hi Guys,

In between thunder storms today I took my Son Andy down to the Nepean for a shore based session and picked up two small bass for my trouble. :yahoo::yahoo:

Again, no size to them but this time they took a little fat rattler I bought of Ebay for about a buck!!!

It's a floating shallow diver with a loud rattle that seemed to do the trick. Fished it over the top of the weeds and along beside them letting it dive but not hit the weeds, then let it float back to the surface. Did the trick!

Here's a few pics. I'm definately going to crack a big one soon :tease:

post-237-1140086398_thumb.jpg

post-237-1140086450_thumb.jpg

Andy having a crack at sunset:

post-237-1140086424_thumb.jpg

The lure that did the trick:

post-237-1140086468_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

G'day again,

Just forgot to mention above that when it got dark I changed lures over to the mighty Kokoda Bat and had 5 hits on the surface but not one hookup so the tally for today could have been higher had any of those fish stuck.

I was twiching the lure on the surface under trees across the top of the weed then "splash"!!!!!!!!!! :1yikes:

It's a very exciting way to fish for Bass even if they don't hook up. Funnily they wouldn't come back for a second go. It would take another cast into a different area to entice another fish.

Anyway, I'm learning all the time and cant' wait to crack a bigger fish. :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Guest lbgking

Push down to the weir after some rain. The big females are hanging around tryinng to get through the fish ladder. This can be lazy mans fishing if you throw into the flow and let the current do all the work for you.

Edited by lbgking

Thanks Guys,

Hey Rick, sorry I didn't see you last night- perhaps next time. I thought my sms might have been enough for you to jump in the car but never mind. Rail hail or shine next time mate.

I headed down to the weir last night but didn't get a touch. Fished surface lures and the little minnow where I could for nix so headed back up stream and started getting hits on the Bat. So much fun!!

The guys at ABA have been great in my persuit of Bass. Great advice and its a wonderland of lures!!! They have heaps of Kokoda Bats Guys..... :biggrin2:

I'll have to drop in over the weekend and give them the feedback and say thanks for all their help :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Top stuff David! :thumbup:

The way you're going you'll have that bigger fish before long. Keep plugging away at it mate :biggrin2:

As for me, my bass virginity is still firmly intact despite spending some time targeting them recently. Might have to set aside some time during my holidays to have another crack at the Hunter Valley bass.

Shane

:1fishing1:

hungry little buggers arent they, that lure couldnt even fit in their stomaches :1yikes:

:thumbup:

Hey Crazy Fish Man

Your not wrong, I don't know what goes through their tinny little brains... :074: They can bearly get the lure in their mouth let alone swallow it. Same with the surface lures, they come up and give it all they've got but just couldn't get the hooks. For little fish they really hit the surface lure hard. The big ones must go OFF :yahoo:

Hey Swordfisho, yep, we'll definately hookup for a Bass session soon(ish) I hope!! Wouldn't mind heading down to Windsor for a shot but we'll see how we go hey? :thumbup:

Thanks again all for your encouragement! :thumbup:

Cheers

David.