Polycraft Tuff Tender

Guest Saqa

Guest Saqa

Hi all

I have narrowed my seach of a portable boat down to a 10' achilles inflatable, Sea Jay 355 angler or a polycraft Tuff tender.

Do any of you own this model poly? Info on your experience with this one will be very helpfull to me. What kind of water can it handle?

Saga,

I have a Tuff Tender with a 15hp 2 stroke Merc ... I love it :thumbup:

It is more stable than a tinnie or inflatable.

Stronger than both, but heavier.

The Tender and the inflatable are much faster than a tinnie.

Though tinnies do have more freeboard.

If you are going in the surf, get the inflatable ... otherwise the Tuff Tender does very well!

Why are tinnies slower??

More drag ... the Tender and inflatable both float ... aluminium don't!

The Tender and the inflatable are flat bottomed, almost planning before the gas is applied, while a tinnie sits more hull under the water.

The Tender goes like a go-kart ... it turns like it's on rails and even at WOT it won't flip!

Catching and passing tinnies with equal hp is loads of fun ... we will be trying out towing kneeboards etc behind the Tuff Tender come summer :yahoo:

post-526-1148649711_thumb.jpg

P.S. Like all polyboats, the Tender is quiet on the water, there is no wave slap like in a tinnie :biggrin2:

Guest Saqa

More drag ... the Tender and inflatable both float ... aluminium don't!

The Tender and the inflatable are flat bottomed, almost planning before the gas is applied, while a tinnie sits more hull under the water.

The Tender goes like a go-kart ... it turns like it's on rails and even at WOT it won't flip!

Catching and passing tinnies with equal hp is loads of fun ... we will be trying out towing kneeboards etc behind the Tuff Tender come summer :yahoo:

post-526-1148649711_thumb.jpg

P.S. Like all polyboats, the Tender is quiet on the water, there is no wave slap like in a tinnie :biggrin2:

Thanks for all the info mate. Would you mind sending emailing me more pics please. with a person or car for scale. I will really thankfull

Hey,

The Polycraft Tuff Tender is a great boat. If your after a boat that will look and perform as "new" for many many years to come, this is the one.

They are generally heavier than tin but they also do have basic features that may suit you.

You are able to install rod holders and use the anchor well that is standard ( no inflatable can do this).

Theyare generall a softer and more COMFORTABLE ride than other materials. Infatable boats are softer riding but not always more comfortable.

As for boyancy, well that depends on what tin boats your looking at. If you were to buy a flat bottom tin you would have terriffiic stability at low speeds but would suffer severe spinal pain during ruff weather. Poly gives you the ability to retain a flat bottom boat but provide some "give" in it's material to soften the ride quality.

Overall they are a great little boat and i would definately suggest you speak to the guys who know.

Anglermanagement,

:yahoo:

Guest Saqa

The link above gives an excellent appraisal of Tuff Tender. ABA (Australian Bass Angler) who is a site sponsor sell Polycraft. A list of dealers can be found on that link.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

I have ready every dealer and manufacturer writeups but looking for input from peaple who have bought one and their experience with it. THE FISH RAIDERS ARE A TOP HELPFULL BUNCH AND HAVE GIVEN GREAT INSIGHT :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 10 years later...

Saga,

I have a Tuff Tender with a 15hp 2 stroke Merc ... I love it thumbup.gif

It is more stable than a tinnie or inflatable.

Stronger than both, but heavier.

The Tender and the inflatable are much faster than a tinnie.

Though tinnies do have more freeboard.

If you are going in the surf, get the inflatable ... otherwise the Tuff Tender does very well!Hey

Does anyone have you had any experience with the boat in the blue water? can you get out, troll or fish in swell? i am upgrading from a Hobie Outback, will the Tuff Tender handle anything the Hobie would?

Any advice / help / things I should consider that would be great!

• 1 year later...