Lethal Bream Surface Lure..

My guesses are:

- Sugoi Splash II

- Megbass popper

- Jackall

How did I go?

Mate, when i first saw them i thought they were sugois too. Actually theyre from the japanese range of kinami lures (also marketed by gary yamamoto like the sugois.) Theyre 2.5", check out these other colours. I've ordered 20 because its cheaper for me and shipping works out better. I might offload 5-10 though..

post-302-1148814300_thumb.jpg

post-302-1148814332_thumb.jpg

post-302-1148814359_thumb.jpg

post-302-1148814383_thumb.jpg

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info champ.

The Sugois are the ultimate top surface lure for bream as I have seen, and alot of people have this opinion of the Sugoi Splash II but for around $22.00AUD each, out of control.

Out of curiosity- how much were these?

They look like the Sugois which is great and hopefully these ones are readily available.

I might be interested in taking some off you if you happen to part with a few.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info champ.

The Sugois are the ultimate top surface lure for bream as I have seen, and alot of people have this opinion of the Sugoi Splash II but for around $22.00AUD each, out of control.

Out of curiosity- how much were these?

They look like the Sugois which is great and hopefully these ones are readily available.

I might be interested in taking some off you if you happen to part with a few.

Can pull them for around the $10 mark, thats buying a few though and saving on shipping to bring the overall individual price down - so not too bad really.

I'd really like to get some of these. Can you give us the details for where you get them? If you've got a couple too many I'll help you with that problem... I'm not too fussy about colour. I could even provide tips on how to catch another B@B species on these that you may be pretty surprised by.

I had one very similar that I bought in Kyoto but hard to find anything better than the river2seas. I actually prefer the $5 bargain bin surecatch poppers to the R2S models.

Cheers,

Hugh

Do you use these in the summer only - or have you had success in the winter.... ??

( lov poppin for kings )

As far as im aware, poppering for bream and bass is a pretty much summer-only proposition. Whilst winter is on our doorstep, i couldn't afford to not get some of these when i saw the great attention to detail.

• 8 months later...

As far as im aware, poppering for bream and bass is a pretty much summer-only proposition. Whilst winter is on our doorstep, i couldn't afford to not get some of these when i saw the great attention to detail.

Where would you use these poppers

All the bream I catch seem to be down deep

Can you give me some examples please as this interest me alot.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Where would you use these poppers

All the bream I catch seem to be down deep

Can you give me some examples please as this interest me alot.

thanks

Places that average a water depth of 2-5 metres..such as narrabeen lakes. poppers work better during prawning season, when they can be seen flicking on the surface but you can still take bream during winter as well. caught myself a couple of decent bream at narra last week with some river2sea poppers around late afternoon. awsome fun. they are the most handy when ur fishing weedy areas that make bibbed lures impossibble to use :thumbup:

Cheers

Davy

Edited by Davy

I have only started to use poppers this season on the bream and have found them most usefull along rocky shore lines that are covered in oysters.

Hi tide, when the water is over the oysters is the most productive time BUT have still caught lots at low if you have some good scattered rock and nice rock shelves still submerged.

Casted way up on the shoreline, and then worked out to the rock shelf where it drops away and paused, if you didn't get a bite on the way out watch around your lure while it's paused. Alot of fish seem to come out of no where and sit just below the lure, amazing stuff! A twitch or a quick rip, should get them to commit.....

Poppers I have been using and with most success are the Team Diawa Zero, Ecogear PP60'sand then a bunch of weird named jap lures. Most are in the larger size range, 5-7cm seems the easist to cast long distance and get a good action. The ones mentioned you can either pop or even walk the dog on the retrieve.

Others I like are the Sammy's 6.5cm walk the dog lure, koolabung fizzers in small and large and never discount the ever faithful pink grub!

Just like the ad says, "once you pop you can't stop!" just be warned ;)

Greg

Mangrove shorelines work quite well to on a high tide or the begining of the ebb You have to cast right up under the mangroves Ive also caught plenty of bream on poppers and pink grubs over the top of weedbeds in some of the lakes like St Georges Basin