!important Please Read!

Guest Jewel

Guest Jewel

A protest has been organised by $%^&*. Following are the details.

I know it is short notice, but I'm sure everyone will be trying to get to it to have themselves heard. I for one will be forgoing my usual Saturday fish to do my bit. Come on, lets all GET INVOLVED! This a protest for YOUR rights. To tell the government what YOU feel about their plans to lock us out.

‘PEOPLE POWER’

$%^&*

(Conservation through sustainable use)

www.$%^&*.com

COMMUNITY PROTEST AGAINST MARINE AND NATIONAL PARK LOCKOUTS

State Labor Annual Conference

11am Saturday 10-6-06 Sydney Town Hall

This is your chance to make a difference. The Labor annual conference is on next Saturday.

• Show Labor that you will not accept unjustifiable lockouts from National and Marine Parks

• Demand sensible conservation policies

• Tell them you will not tolerate the trade in your rights for Green preferences

• Put Labor back on track - make them answer to their heartland.

The people spoke out strongly to stop the sale of the Snowy. In the same way you can stop marine park madness in its tracks. But you need to act. The future of your outdoor rights and freedoms is firmly in your hands.

Sydney fishers – We need help now. Support your country cousins who have copped a hiding over this issue.

Assembly from 10.30am for 11am.

Buses from Narooma/Batemans Bay/Nowra/Wollongong – Ring or email Jack Tait to make a booking

Ph: 4472 7394 email jjandpjtait@aapt.net.au

Buses from Bulladelah/Pt Stephens/Newcastle/Central Coast – Ring or email Peter Sanderson to make a booking

Ph: 0427 617 064 email enquiries@fishermanswarehouse.com.au

You can commit here by repling in this thread. Give your name, email, phone and pickup town. Pickup point TBA.

Commit and help organizers by booking transport.

A protest has been organised by $%^&*. Following are the details.

I know it is short notice, but I'm sure everyone will be trying to get to it to have themselves heard. I for one will be forgoing my usual Saturday fish to do my bit. Come on, lets all GET INVOLVED! This a protest for YOUR rights. To tell the government what YOU feel about their plans to lock us out.

‘PEOPLE POWER’

$%^&*

(Conservation through sustainable use)

www.$%^&*.com

COMMUNITY PROTEST AGAINST MARINE AND NATIONAL PARK LOCKOUTS

State Labor Annual Conference

11am Saturday 10-6-06 Sydney Town Hall

This is your chance to make a difference. The Labor annual conference is on next Saturday.

• Show Labor that you will not accept unjustifiable lockouts from National and Marine Parks

• Demand sensible conservation policies

• Tell them you will not tolerate the trade in your rights for Green preferences

• Put Labor back on track - make them answer to their heartland.

The people spoke out strongly to stop the sale of the Snowy. In the same way you can stop marine park madness in its tracks. But you need to act. The future of your outdoor rights and freedoms is firmly in your hands.

Sydney fishers – We need help now. Support your country cousins who have copped a hiding over this issue.

Assembly from 10.30am for 11am.

Buses from Narooma/Batemans Bay/Nowra/Wollongong – Ring or email Jack Tait to make a booking

Ph: 4472 7394 email jjandpjtait@aapt.net.au

Buses from Bulladelah/Pt Stephens/Newcastle/Central Coast – Ring or email Peter Sanderson to make a booking

Ph: 0427 617 064 email enquiries@fishermanswarehouse.com.au

You can commit here by repling in this thread. Give your name, email, phone and pickup town. Pickup point TBA.

Commit and help organizers by booking transport.

G`day Fellas ,

Local member Here , JOHN TURNER , stated publicly on radio last week , that if The State Liberal Government was Elected , they would sign in blood , to disband the current Marine Parks , set up by the current Labor Government.

Probably Just Kite flying by the Nats , but This time I have a feeling , that he has struck a chord with more than just a handfull of Local Yokels .

He gave some pretty scary figures of how much these Marine parks would cost the communitys affected.

From memory , I think he said that fishing alone contributed 65 million dollars to the Port Stephens Economy , and if the Park was to ahead , Port Stehens would become Ghost Town.

But nothing gets the attention of a Politician faster than 20,000 citizens united in a common cause and protesting loudly.

I wish them Good Luck.

Mick

I am wondering what concessions the incoming Liberal govt will have on the Marine Parks? Does anyone have any more info?

The reason i ask, as a rec fisho are we better off with some marnie park of sorts or the current state of affairs where pro fisherman are doing far more damage than a lockout of some areas.

When the libs get in, are they going to let the pro's bend them over and make the situation worse than it currently is? Or worse than the proposed marine parks situation?

Any thoughts?

LW

G`day Fellas ,

Gibbo , I guess we will see just how keen they are , albeit it is short notice , I just hope they get enough there to make an impression , because if they don`t , all might be lost .

So perhaps it may have been wiser for the organisers to have planned it more carefully and allowed more time to muster the troops , rather than to rush in half cocked , which I hope they have not done.

Lightweight , The devil we knew , betrayed us , so we should not reward Betrayal with loyalty , thus , For the Ist Time in my entire Life , I will be Voting for the Lib/Nats in The Next State Election .

They Take from Us , we take from them , its the only system that works with pollies ( 12 years in Opposition is a long time to be unempowered , ask Kim ).

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Sadly I agree, I have been a loyal labour supporter all my life, and while the libs have screwed us on the work front you kind of expect that. But anyone who tries to screw with our fishing well thats just unforgiveable and I won't stand for it. I for one will be trying to rearrange some commitments so I can attend this one,hope to see you all there!!!!

Regards Craig

Edited by wishin i had a boat

Funny how when everyone is busy trying to stop marine parks from happening the powers that be are quietly changing the boundaries in one of our rec fishing havens.

Manning River RFH

I bet it won't be the last time or only RFH either. :thumbdown:

My fishing licence is up for renewal next week and I am currently in two minds whether or not to renew it.

If I do renew it I'll be telling myself that the cash is going to help restock my freshwater impoundments and nothing else. :mad3:

I love to fish more than any one can imagine, And I detest my freedom to do so in being compromised.

But reality is that the fish stocks are not in the greatest situation

Marine parks are not the best answer. but they are some sort of start to rectifying the situation.

Personally I would like a total ban on all pro fishing within 40 kilometres of the coast line.

I really feel that fish farms and importing fish is the answer. for instance if someone can

fish farm luderick, then you would mainly need weed for feed, which shouldnt be too hard.

I am sure that with a nice sauce, that fish farmed luderick would suffice.

Enough is enough, people want to much seafood choice,

stuff em

we must protect our wild fish,

(that way we can have great recreational fishing prospects)

ilk

Marine parks are not the best answer. but they are some sort of start to rectifying the situation.

Personally I would like a total ban on all pro fishing within 40 kilometres of the coast line.

ilk

Gday Ilk,

Your right, marine parks are not the best answer. They are not the start to rectifying the situation they are the end of rec fishing in some of our favourite spots. I agree fish stocks in some areas could be a lot better and if thats the case why not look at reduced bag limits, slot size limits or no anchor zones etc ( to protect weed beds etc ). Marine parks are the final and last resort only not reallt the first step. Dont forget the main reasoning behind them is politicaly motivated and not in the best interest of fish stocks. Im sure others have a better take on this but its just a labour voting scam to get green support. They really do a great job making these parks sound like the greatest thing out but forget to give you the fine print. Not being able to walk your dog on the beach for example, tell me that makes sense.

Love to see that happen too mate ! I can tell you though that neither of the major gov parties will ever support it. The belief is that if pro's were gone, black market fisho's would just take thier place and it would be 'un-policable' and we would be worse off. That may actually have some cred as their are some nut jobs out there who would do that. Still agree with the sentiment though. Will always keep pushing for more RFH's though.

Good on you for going !!