Prawn Lures

ant1000

Has anyone used the new Prawnstar lures?

I reckon they look good for $10 but you can buy a 3pk of cheapies for $8 so was wondering if anyone has used them with success, in particular success over the cheaper ones?

Ant:) :wacko:

Has anyone used the new Prawnstar lures?

I reckon they look good for $10 but you can buy a 3pk of cheapies for $8 so was wondering if anyone has used them with success, in particular success over the cheaper ones?

Ant:) :wacko:

I have used those little yabbie soft plastics, they look awsome but i havent had any luck on them....I forget what brand they are...they are some weird funky looking brand in a yellow packet....

I have used those little yabbie soft plastics, they look awsome but i havent had any luck on them....I forget what brand they are...they are some weird funky looking brand in a yellow packet....

Storm Twich'n Nipper....???

Sorry, can't help with the Prawnstars.... I'll stick to the Gulps! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

caught a couple of fish on storm nippers,rio prawns are great,got a couple of prawnstars but havent used em enough ,read a few times that the smaller version -the junior is a bit of a killer.

the junior is the one im giving a go over the weekend.

Just got two - one in honeypot, one in funky fluro (green).

Where can you get a crab sp? read they go off in USA, and bream would love em!

Yeah thats the one ...i havent had any luck on them yet... have you tried them? any luck?

Nup, never tried them. They'd probably be OK over sandflats instead of pumping the real thing I guess.

Ant:)

The crab you're after is the Berkley Gulp Peeler Crab. Australian Bass Angler stock them.

post-237-1150348375_thumb.jpg

Cheers

I havent used prawnstars but have had good results on DOA prawns They are deadly on mangrove jacks and estuary cod up north and flatties in shallow water down here

Squidgy will be releasing a soft plastic prawn very soon I have heard that Bushy has been doing very well on them

• 1 month later...

The Gulp PRAWN is nowhere i reckon. Just looks like a lump of rubber with no action.

You'd think so, wouldn't you, but quite a number of bream tournament anglers seem to be using the 2 inch model and doing very well with them too. Favourite colours seem to be New Penny and Nuclear Chicken.

They must pretty much use them as bait, I reckon - just cast out and the occasional twitch. As you say, those things have no discernible action.