Norah Canyons Tommorrow?

Gday Guys

Really happy, got mi knew boat today a 6.5 Offshore Quintrex its a bloody ripper. Im thinking if the weathers decent might look to head out to Norah Canyons via Swansea.Been hearing a few reports of yellowfin and Blue eye cod on the bottom. Will anyone else be out there tommorrow? As it is a long way out there and would feel more at at ease if someone else was heading out would be great to catchup with a fellow Fishraider, Thanks guy....Steve

Ps : (Callsign: Chirpie)

Guest Jewel

Congrats on the new boat!!!

May she serve you well!!!

Mate just out of concern from things I have seen, I wouldnt be taking a brand new boat out to the shelf on a maiden voyage or the next couple for that matter.

Best you give her a good trial inshore,so that any bugs can be found safely before you take on the advanced course!

Case in point, a mate bought a Quintrex 6M Offshore, it ran fine first trip, average the next and developed intermittant fuel problems, which were subsequently traced back to a substandard installation on the fuel breathers. This problem took a while to diagnose and is certainly not one that you would want developing while out at the shelf!!

Best of luck, looking forward to some good offshore reports!

Cheers

Mick

agreed

I reckon with new boats, take them out the first time and just get those 10 hours break in period over with on the first day, iron out any bugs at the 10 hour service and you should be sweet to go.

Gday Guys

Thanks for making us feel welcome. Jewel thanks for the advice mate, I think I got caught up in the excitement haha. Might leave the shelf until the weekend. Took it out early this moring for a an hour or so crusing through the lake and out and in through the bar a couple of times, know dramas :1prop:

Yep Anthony keeping the same name mate lol

All the Best guys....Steve