H.c Bay Today.

G'day all.

Decided out of the blue this morning to have a quick flick down at H.C Bay on the turn & run out tide. Tide wasn't that big but after the bit of rain I thought it might be worth a shot. Told the :wife: I'd be home for lunch & off I went.

First cast got smashed & a feisty Bream of 30cm's was promptly hauled in & released after a quick pic. Great start! 2 casts later I was in again & another spirited fight saw a 32cm Bream hit the deck. :thumbup: Same deal, pic & release.

I was thinking "how good is this!" When a couple of small bites turned into big weight almost at my feet. I lifted the rod & a massive Bream all of 45cm shot straight up & rolled around on the surface like a Tommos Trout! With no net I had to try to drag it straight up the wall & the hook promptly straightened & fell out! :thumbdown: The shear size of that fish left me shaking even though the fight was minimal!

A few more casts & I'm in again on what felt like a good fish. It swam towards me, came up & we saw each other & it was on,zzzzzzzz this thing went like the hammers & never turned it up. I fish a pretty tight drag & the fish was taking line & giving me plenty. I played it out & had it at my feet. Now the landing thing again. After the previous debacle I spied a spot to clamber down if needed. So clamber down I did & up I came with a fat 40cm Bream! :yahoo:

The fight it put on in 4 feet of water was unreal. Unfortunatley it also spooked the rest of the school.

I then walked & cast for about 100mtrs for 1 more timid hit & no fish. The 'one last cast' bug got me so back to where the fish were caught. A couple of casts & I came up tight onto a nice Flattie. Luckily it didn't have the hook right down & not being keen to grab her I dragged it up the wall. She measured 62cms & was a great finish to a memorable little session.

More Pics to follow,

Cheers, Grant.

Great session there, Grant :thumbup: . A nice flattie to top it off, too. I wish you could've landed that MONSTER of a bream!!! :ranting2::mad3: Sounds like HC Bay consistently fishes well with a bit of local knowledge. Well done, as usual. Can't wait to see the other pics.

Flattieman/

Great report mate.

There are definately a few good bream to be had at the moment and you've definately got them sussed.

I'm hoping to get out next week and give them another go myself. :biggrin2:

Love the way those fella's go in shallow water. :thumbup:

Cheers

DAvid.

Hi

If you don't mind me asking where abouts at HC bay do you go fishing?

I am only starting out and need some help on land based soft plastics.

Any help would be great

I'm quite envious too Mr Jewhunter! Nothing like being a consistent fisho!

Hi newatthegame...I'm not sure where Jewhunter fishes but I do okay on the Lyons rd west side of the bay (right up the back) on a high tide. Lots of fishermen there but it's not too bad.

Mike :biggrin2:

Guest madsmc

Love your work Grant. Some top quality fish there mate. :thumbup:

I'm assuming it was the almighty bass minnow that did all the damage?

Shane

:1fishing1:

I'm quite envious too Mr Jewhunter! Nothing like being a consistent fisho!

Hi newatthegame...I'm not sure where Jewhunter fishes but I do okay on the Lyons rd west side of the bay (right up the back) on a high tide. Lots of fishermen there but it's not too bad.

Mike :biggrin2:

Thanks for the tips

Maybe one day i might see you out there

Guest BBM Rick

Awesome Bream, nice report. The reel there looks like a Team Diawa Sol 2500, a model above the Kix. I got a 1500 Kix and I love it! What sort of rod are you using there, Grant?

Awesome Bream, nice report. The reel there looks like a Team Diawa Sol 2500, a model above the Kix. I got a 1500 Kix and I love it! What sort of rod are you using there, Grant?

Oh really? Well I think it's a Daiwa Sol TD 2000 loaded with 3kg Fireline. I think the rod is a Strudwick Softbodz Finesse 7ft, 1-3kgs. How do I know this? I'm a genius! (and I PM'd Grant yesterday :1prop::074: ) Looks like a great setup and I'm sure Jewhunter will tell us all how much he loves it (with good reason too!).

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Guest BBM Rick

Oh really? Well I think it's a Daiwa Sol TD 2000 loaded with 3kg Fireline. I think the rod is a Strudwick Softbodz Finesse 7ft, 1-3kgs. How do I know this? I'm a genius! (and I PM'd Grant yesterday :1prop::074: ) Looks like a great setup and I'm sure Jewhunter will tell us all how much he loves it (with good reason too!).

Flattieman.

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

Jeez, I was close though.... :1prop:

Thanks for the replies fella's. :biggrin2:

The outfit has been described by Flattieman :thumbup: It suits me but each to there own. Madsmc was spot on. B.M's did the trick.

Where to fish is easy. Look in your street directory & anywhere you have access to the shore is worth a go around high tide. H.C, Drummoyne & I.C Bays have plenty of options. Check them out at low tide & find likely looking feeding/holding areas, fish them when they have a fair bit of water over them & anyone can do well. Likely species to be caught are Bream, Flatties, Whiting, Flounder, Tailor, Mullet & Jew.

Living a walk from H.C Bay is easy for me & I never spend more than 2 hrs fishing there.

Cheers, Grant.