What Are Your Favourite Fish Recipes?

Martin

Hi riders! Do you smoked any fish in there?? In Finland is it very famous smoked fishs, like smoked salmon or trout :biggrinthumb: If you want i can try translater some finnish fish foods? I like fresh herb marinade BBQ tuna, but i cant buy any fresh tuna in Finland, i can buy only 2-3 days old tuna and it cost 30€/1kg.

Edited by JaniFIN

• 1 month later...

Kingfish Cutlets with lime sauce.

Slice kingfish into cutlets, cook in a pan or BBQ brushed lighty in sesame seed oil.

While they are cooking away mix up in a bowl:

a table spoon of fresh corriander

juice of two limes

Teaspoon of chopped blanched Ladyfinger chillies

tablespoon of fishsauce

teaspoon of brown sugar dissolved in enough hot water to form the sauce (ie 100mls)

stir together and spoon over your kingfish cutlets...

(adjust the quantities to your own tastes)

The chillis need to be blanched so they add the flavour, but with destroying your taste buds with heat.

Cut the lady finger chilli in half, remove seeds place in a cup

cover with boiling water then leave for 5 mins chop up, then add to you sauce

- the heat is greatly diminished without effecting the flavour

even people who cant stand hot food enjoy them when prepared like this

• 1 month later...

I like to steam my fish like they do at chinese restaurants.

Steaming usually goes well with fish that has a smooth texture such as bream or barramundi. Its also very simple! Steaming doesn't go well like garfish or snapper

Lay the whole fish on a plate, sprinkle ginger, spring onion and a pinch of salt. Place in a steamer for 7-10min depending size of fish. Just when its about done, pour 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil and soy sauce in a sepearate saucepan until very hot. Then pour over the fish and serve.

I like to steam my fish like they do at chinese restaurants.

Steaming usually goes well with fish that has a smooth texture such as bream or barramundi. Its also very simple! Steaming doesn't go well like garfish or snapper

Lay the whole fish on a plate, sprinkle ginger, spring onion and a pinch of salt. Place in a steamer for 7-10min depending size of fish. Just when its about done, pour 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil and soy sauce in a sepearate saucepan until very hot. Then pour over the fish and serve.

oooh...that sounds delicious.

I must try steaming some fish soon. Heathier than fried all the time too.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Pete.