hi all Raiders

Im heading up to the manning river to visit the out laws

i have fished there on several times with some luck

flattys and bream mostly can anybody tell me if there is an jews in the river

on soft plastic as that is all i use up there

any help would be appreciated

cheers miller

G`day Miller ,

Lawrie , went stalking flatties this morning , but as yet I have not heard anything .

If anything is happening on the river , he`s your man .

Mick

Thanks Owzat for the info :thumbup:

Swansea fisho im still deciding if im going to take the boat or not

i have a 5m clarke with a suz 50 i head out side sydney on a good

so mabye if i take the boat

Cheers miller

Three spots to try for Jew.

1st:- The end of the Manning Piont Break Wall. The tide has created two large holes here. Big back eddies form depending on the tide. The ocean side is the deepest and shoud be fished towards the end of the run out tide.

2nd:-Not that easy to find. On the Harrinton side of the river approximately 1kl up stream from the channel entry into Harrington and 60M from shore is a hole the locals call Chinamans. If you have sounder you should be able to find it.

3rd:-About 1kl upstream from where the Lansdown River meets the Manning there is marker that is nearly in the middle of river but slightly south of centre. This marker is called the Bouy. It marks a sunken barge that was full of stone from when the walls were constructed. The tide has gouged out holes around this and Jew lay in them.

The mud flat near manning piont is great flathead spot. But another place where I have had a lot of success is further upstream. Around the bend in the river from the entrance to the oyster bay on the Harrington side is a large mud bank. A great deal of it is full of oyster racks. Where the oyster leases finish is a weed bed and then this mud flat continues out about 50 metres. A low tide there is about 1.5 meters of water. Fish this area at the end of the run out or the beginning of the run in.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

MILLER,

AS HAVING GROWN UP IN TAREE I HAVENT HEARD ABOUT A LOT OF JEW FISH BEING CAUGHT IN THE MANNING, BUT IF YOU ARE LAND BASED I WOULD BE TEMPTED TO HAVE A GO OFF THE BRIDGE AT CUNDLETOWN OR EVEN HAVE A GO OFF THE BEACH OUT AT OLD BAR WHICH IS A SHORT DRIVE FROM TAREE,MORE DOWN TOWARDS THE WALLABY POINT END YOU CAN USUALLY FIND A GUTTER WELL WITHIN CASTING DISTANCE OFF THE BEACH.JUST A THOUGHT ANYWAY, IF YOU TAKE YOUR BOAT AND YOU WANTED TO TRY IN THE RIVER I WOULD PUT IN AT KFC BOAT RAMP AND HEAD DOWN THE RIVER TOWARDS MANNING POINT FOR ABOUT 1 KILOMETER AND ON THE BACK SIDE OF DUMERIQUE ISLAND ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE RIVER JUST BEFORE THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE THERE IS A COUPLE OF DEEP HOLES THERE THAT I KNOW HOLD SOME BIG FISH OR USED TOO. HOPE THIS HELPS.

BANKSO :1fishing1: