Wenty Falls Lake

Sounds like a good idea

Wentworth Falls is well short of Lithgow and Oberon (both have better fishing lakes and streams) and i would allow almost 2 hours from central sydney. A pleasant park area is lakeside which makes for good fishing as the kiddies are accounted for.

Sounds like a great idea to me ! Wentworth Falls Lake is a great daytrip from sydney taking no more than an hour and a half from inner sydney. There are some bbqs but being a popular spot you have to arrive early to get the best spot, there are plenty of things to keep the mrs and rugrats amused,walking paths play equiptment etc. The lake itself is relatively small as far as others in the region are concerned but 20 or so fishraiders would have plenty of room to fish without having to cast to prefished water. Fly fishers are catered for as well with the dam wall and 1 side of the lake foliage free for easy snag free casting. All types of fishing are successful,bait ,lures and fly to mostly smallish rainbows and browns around a kilo.This is my home ground so to speak so it would be great to have a fishraider social here to meet all you guys in the flesh :1fishing1: